question on Summit -celebrity suite

pkamison

Hi,

Coming soon is my first time on a Celebrity cruise - I have a CS suite on a sail to Bermuda- can someone tell me about this suite ? There will be 3 of us (1 on the sofa bed). Do the blinds on the windows cut out the light ? What special perks are we entitled too ? I know the bath is large - is there a decent shower ?

Thanks for your help.

Have been in a Celebrity Suite on Millennium and Infinity and seen one on Constellation. The blinds do a good job of cutting out the light. I cannot recall any light slipping through at the sides of the blinds.

There is a good sized bath however it is fairly high and can be a little difficult to get into. The shower is over the bath, probably adequate [i am not a power-shower person] and there is a curtain. The biggest problem with 3 sharing a CS is that the bathroom cannot be accessed except through the bedroom.

As for "special perks", those not mentioned on the Celebrity website depend on the ship and/or the sailing so I cannot say what you will get on Summit. You may receive a free meal in the speciality restaurant on the first evening, Elite perks and two bottles of spirit in your suite but, again, you may not and it depends...

Sue

I love the space in the CS, but not the bathtub! It is a trade off for me, and if we ever book a CS again, I will ask for some sort of step stool to help get into the tub. I know of someone that requested this and got one.

On the Summit in Sept 2010 a Specialty comp was offered for the first evening, but that could possibly change with various voyages.

We did get a comp bottle of champagne, but no spirits.

I agree, depends on the individual cruise. We had a CS on Connie for a TA and our butler planned and prepared a cocktail party for some 20 of our friends--did ALL the work, food, booze, clean up, etc. We were given several bottles of wine free and we had wonderful "specially requested" canapes delivered each day, no problem.

The bathtub is way too high and it felt almost dangerous for me each day. Had I known, a stepstool would have been a great request.

3 people in a CS would not be an ideal situation for me, as poster above mentions, the only way to the bathroom is through the bedroom and there isn't a LOT of room between the foot of the bed and the TV console.

thanks for the heads up about the bathtub - we should be ok - 3 sisters going together for fun, sun, food so going through the bedroom to the bath will be similar to our growing up expierences some 55-60 years ago !

Anything "secert' we should know ? Is it correct that there is a pillow menu ?

• 2 weeks later...

Have sailed three times in a CS. Wonderful. We enjoyed having the butler bring breakfast in most mornings. Music on the stereo and looking out the wall of windows while having breakfast in our robes was a great way to start the day. The butler was very helpful. He brought us shrimp cocktail pre dinner every night. Enjoy the cruise.

We also requested a shrimp plate each evening before dinner and our butler also brought a small cheese & cracker plate to go with. Always different cheeses, very nice. We had him get us cappuccino's from the Cova Café several times on sea days when we were just lounging, reading & enjoying the crossing.

We had breakfast several mornings and it was wonderful the way he set it all up on the dining table but we never had dinner in the suite. I believe we had 2, possibly 3 lunches as well. Always very well done.

We just got off Summit in a Sky Suite. No pillow menu, but if you asked, I'm sure you could get different pillows.

Some people say the concierge class breakfast menu is better than the suite menu, but here's the trick: your butler can bring anything from any menu on the ship. He will go to the cova cafe for cappuccinos, the buffet for waffles, and/or the MDR for eggs benedict. Just write in what you want on the menu, and he will get it, as long as you're ordering during dining room hours (after 7am). I loved getting the phone call everyone morning, "Good morning, madam, your breakfast is on its way."

Your butler will bring a plate of mini-sandwiches and mini-desserts around 3 or 4pm and then the canapes around 5pm. If you don't like the afternoon canapes, ask for something different, like a cheese plate.

We got one bottle of champagne upon arrival, but no additional Elite Perks. We did get free dining at Normandie on the first night. You only have to pay $5pp for tips (and of course, you're given the opportunity to tip additional).

Enjoy!

Monica

Thanks for the information - I have never sailed Celebrity before so I am very unsure of the ship and the suite. As there is no balcony for this suite can you tell me the best place to relax out on deck. Any good places with good view and a place to read ?

In answer to you question, I like to read in the observation lounge forward, which has great views, but it's indoors. As I recall, there are some loungers on the promenade deck, which is often quiet. Many of the lounges scattered about the ship are also quiet during the day.

We had a Celebrity Suite for a TA from NYC to Dover on the Constellation, and it was wonderful. There are two flatscreen TV sets, and a great closet in the bedroom. It's an unusual closet, with a dressing table in the center. Works beautifully. More closets in the main living/dining room area. The huge windows are simply wonderful, and afford expansive views while at sea. You'll love them.

Be sure to ask for a foam topper for the sofa bed as sometimes the mattresses are not the best. Ask early before they all make their way to other staterooms.

The bathtub is a problem as it's set high off the floor as other have mentioned. Stepping up while at sea can be a challenge. My least favorite suite bathroom, but the rest of the suite is great. I'd book one for any cruise which visits a cooler climate or has many sea days on a crossing.

Thanks for the information - I am getting excited.

What can I expect from the butler for our suite ?

Hi,

The CS is great...My wife and I and her best friend shared one on the Summit for a 12 night Calif/Alaska cruise, and have already booked another CS on the Summit next Feb after the refurb. There is more than plenty of room for 3...so you'll be absolutely fine...The view thru the floor to ceiling windows is one of the best on the ship...We especially liked the forward facing CS, as the windows bow out from the rest of the ship and we felt like we were on the bridge looking forward !! We spent quite a bit of time kicked back just staring out the windows, drink in hand !!

The Butler will go out of his way to make everything absolutely perfect. You'll have his cell number so you can just ring him up should he not just magically appear every time you return to your cabin. Our Butler, Darrell, found out that my wife and her friend liked a certain foo-foo blended alcohol drink...and each day he delivered them without their ever having to ask. Darrell also learned that I was a caffeine addict, and my latte was delivered still piping hot every single morning...and a pot of coffee was waiting every evening.

I could go on and on about the amazing service we received from Darrell...but suffice it to say...we appreciated every single moment in the CS...and are looking forward to our next time !!

Have fun

Woody

We are in a CS on the Equinox for the May 2nd TA. CAN"T WAIT! We picked a suite because of all the sea days.

Lynn,

Your pictures are great and it looks much bigger than what is on the X website. Have you been in a CS on a S class ship? I know there are differences since the S ships have balconies.

We are in a CS on the Equinox for the May 2nd TA. CAN"T WAIT! We picked a suite because of all the sea days.

Lynn,

Your pictures are great and it looks much bigger than what is on the X website. Have you been in a CS on a S class ship? I know there are differences since the S ships have balconies.

Thanks! No we have not had one on the S class--we love dining in Blu SO much we opted for AQ on the hump with the huge balcony (1610) instead of going with a suite. The CS was WONDERFUL on a TA crossing with 4 sea days, I spent a LOT of time in that position--only the drinks changed:D:D

thanks for the photos the suite looks just perfect for us - what else should I know that is a "secret" ?

Don't know if it is a "secret" or not, but the butler can do almost anything if you ask. We had him bring us a nice plate of shrimp & cocktail sauce every afternoon and he also brought nice cheese plates. We had him get us cappuccinos from the Cova Café, he set up a party for us & even bartended, brought all the drinks in & snacks. We opened the door between the other CS with our friends & had a wonderful time hosting our many CC friends.

He handled all of our laundry & cleaning services very promptly, made dining reservations in the specialty restaurant, took wine down to the MDR for us.

One time we were returning from shore and he happened to see us coming through the x-ray machine. He ran over to me & took all my bags and immediately took them to our suite.

I can't say enough about the service we had on Connie in that CS.

Don't know if it is a "secret" or not, but the butler can do almost anything if you ask. We had him bring us a nice plate of shrimp & cocktail sauce every afternoon and he also brought nice cheese plates. We had him get us cappuccinos from the Cova Café, he set up a party for us & even bartended, brought all the drinks in & snacks. We opened the door between the other CS with our friends & had a wonderful time hosting our many CC friends.

He handled all of our laundry & cleaning services very promptly, made dining reservations in the specialty restaurant, took wine down to the MDR for us.

One time we were returning from shore and he happened to see us coming through the x-ray machine. He ran over to me & took all my bags and immediately took them to our suite.

I can't say enough about the service we had on Connie in that CS.

Wow that is fantastic service!

The one thing I would certainly recommend is that you keep the shades down on the side where the computer is. Because of the rounded windows, people on their balconies on your deck will be able to see in! But having a Celebrity Suite is fabulous! Also bring CD's with you as you''ll have a Bose Sound system to enjoy!

Anita

Archived