Shipping diapers to Vancouver

misskel74

Taking our first cruise next month and have gotten so many great trips from this board.... now I need a little help and haven't found an answer.

Cruising NCL out of Vancouver and was planning on having them shipped to our hotel. However, I am finding that the places I want to order from (amazon.com & diapers.com) DO NOT ship to Canada. Does anyone know where I can order Huggies or Pampers that will ship to Canada and that possibly has baby food too?

Thank you!

The ship usually provides babyfood. Call and pre-order what you need. As for diapers- just pack them. You always need room in your luggage for souveniers and for some reason dirty clothes always take up more room than the clean one you packed. Also, if you are in Alaska you will be able to buy diapers in towns like Ketchikan and Juneau.

I got the idea on here to have them shipped. I have already checked w/ the hotel & they will accept them. We are flying into Seattle and then catching the Amtrak Cascades line to Vancouver the same day. We have 3 children (6,3 & 9 mos) and are staying just blocks from the ship in downtown Vancouver. I am just wanting to make that first LONG day of travel as simple as possible and also wanting to see what we can the day & a half we have in Vancouver. I don't want to have to worry about finding somewhere that sells diapers & getting transportation there.

Thanks for the ideas!!

I would call the hotel and ask if there is a place nearby (drugstore?) to buy diapers. You will probably do some walking around the area anyway I am sure there must be a convenient place to pick some up. As other mentioned, you can always get some along the way as well if the need arises. Just don't pay the ship prices!

PS. Gotta to agree, fill a small suitcase with diapers and it will be empty for all the goodies you bring back.

Once at the hotel, ask for the name of a local grocery store. Call in your order and have it delivered through a local cab or delivery company.

If you want to contact the store ahead of time, try Canada 411 or the Yellow Pages on line directory.

I like buying diapers at Zellers, but there should also be Walmart, Sobeys, Great Canadian Superstore and IGA, they are all big national grocery chains.

I live in Vancouver and might be able to point you in the right direction...

If you're already checked into a local downtown hotel, you might want to ask at the desk where the nearest pharmacy is. For example London Drugs and Shoppers are big chain stores that are within walking distance of the downtown hotels, and they will carry diapers as well as any other kid/baby items you may need.

If you're in Vancouver with the kids, some attractions my kids like that are downtown are Stanley Park (playgrounds, beaches, aquarium), Granville Island (arts/crafts, large indoor farmers market, street performers), and Science World (the silver golf ball looking building that is all hands-on science activities). Those places would only be a single bus ride to get to.

We are on the NCL next month from Vancouver too and are traveling with 4 kids, ages 8mo, 6, 11, and 13. We have a long flight and opted to stay in Seattle first before taking the train up to Vancouver, so you'll beat us to the ship. I've been considering placing an Amazon order to our Seattle hotel, but I'd still have to carry it on the train trip so I'm favoring just stuffing the diapers into our suitcases.

Did you order baby food from the ship? I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that, or how reliable it is.

Thank you all for all the thoughts & tips!!! They are all very appreciated! We are grateful to be able to go on this trip, however I am very stressed w/ all the baby gear and our first cruise so really do not know what to expect with the whole experience!!

@rm1247 - we were torn w/ spending the night in Seattle (thought the scenery on the train would be better in the morning too.... i guess we will miss most of it on the 6:50 train) or having one miserably long day of travel. We are meeting up w/ some other family in Seattle and they kind of made up our minds for us.

I haven't called about baby food.... guess I should call and see what the deal is. I was just planning on trying to pack some and buying more or getting the rest shipped w/ the diapers. I found one of the big drugstore chains that someone else mentioned is just a block form our hotel. My daughter hasn't been too picky yet, but they don't seem to have Gerber foods in Vancouver.... Heinz. But I'm sure she will be able to deal w/ it!

Archived