Coral: Walking length of ship

GrandmaJan7

We booked an Alaskan cruise for the end of August and chose C726 as our cabin, we are now re-thinking that choice and want to decide before final payment of course. (might even be too late now to change)

Here is the issue - I am worried about it being too far a walk to everything. Hubby has some knee issues and while walking is not a problem it could become one. I have no grasp of how far a walk it is

from where our cabin is to say Horizon Court or the main dining rooms.

I can see them on the deck plans but that doesn't tell me distance.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

GrandmaJan :)

C726 is way towards the aft. The Horizon Court is all the way forward on the Coral. I would guess more than the length of a football field from the aft to the front. The dining room is also forward, but not quite as much as the buffet. You might want to see if there are any other staterooms more centrally located, that way he won't have to walk quite as much. Good Luck!

Grandma Jan you of course know that you are on the opposite end of the ship then the Buffet. But you are close to a bank of elevators so getting to the top deck should be ok. Did you ever consider calling Princess and seeing if they have a vendor in the embarkation port that you could order a wheel chair or a motorized chair. I've seen where they will drop off the chair at the ship and will pick it up after the cruise. It would certainly help with the mobility. Not sure if Princess has referels or not but I know there are companies out there that do that type of thing. Just a thought.

We were in D715 and it was a long walk to the front of the ship. It seemed like it was a hike just to get to the closest elevators at times. The dining room, if I remember correctly was just about mid-ship. The show lounge is also up front. If you have mobility problems you may want to look closer to mid-ship for a cabin.

As others have noted, you are probably better off closer to the middle or front. Dining rooms are midships in the Piazza area, Buffet up front, lounges up front and in mid area. The only thing I can think of Aft of any significance is the Universe Lounge. So it will be a bit of a hike to pretty much anything you will be doing.

We are in C727 on the Coral which is the very last cabin on the right side of the ship. We were in the same cabin on the Island (sister ship) and I wore a pedometer the entire time on our vacation. When we used the stairs instead of the elevator (which was 90% of the time) I logged .25 miles (a quarter of a mile) to the front of the ship. So, round trip, we logged .5 mile (a half mile) and we didn't gain a pound. Now this was super for us, but it could become an issue for others - even when using the elevator each time. The distance is long way if you are not up for the walk each time.

I hope that that helps.

Thanks for all the comments.. yes, we know we are at the back. We chose it to be close to the aft viewing deck. BUT, I think I will give

our TA a call in the morning and see what else is available. If I

remember correctly there wasn't much port side on the Caribe deck when we booked in February. We wanted the Caribe deck for the larger balcony. We appreciate all your help!!! ;)

Archived