Curious to know...

Does anyone have the length of an aisle runner? And if you have larger wedding (we have about 60) doesthe aisle runner extend to the back of the room?

Also has anyone changed or asked to change the white columns with white roses in the front? They looked pretty cheesy to me when I saw them.

Also, we're having communion together for the first time as husband and wife instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony. Has anyone done that before and how did you handle it?

I have 2 months left and although a great majority of my planning is complete, I'm in the final stages of planning the ceremony and what not now.

Does anyone have the length of an aisle runner? And if you have larger wedding (we have about 60) doesthe aisle runner extend to the back of the room?

Also has anyone changed or asked to change the white columns with white roses in the front? They looked pretty cheesy to me when I saw them.

Also, we're having communion together for the first time as husband and wife instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony. Has anyone done that before and how did you handle it?

I have 2 months left and although a great majority of my planning is complete, I'm in the final stages of planning the ceremony and what not now.

Hi, I think the runner length (in proportion to the room) would depend on the company, the class of ship and location of your wedding.

Haven't asked about the columns/roses, but I would think for a price anything is possible. You could probably brings something or have it all removed.

I would think the only rule would be you would need to bring the wine/ Eucharist yourself and they would need to be in a factory sealed package. They may provide, but I would think it would fall into a specialty category.

Good Luck with everything.:)

Hi, I think the runner length (in proportion to the room) would depend on the company, the class of ship and location of your wedding.

Haven't asked about the columns/roses, but I would think for a price anything is possible. You could probably brings something or have it all removed.

I would think the only rule would be you would need to bring the wine/ Eucharist yourself and they would need to be in a factory sealed package. They may provide, but I would think it would fall into a specialty category.

Good Luck with everything.:)

Thanks. Yes our pastor (family friend) is bringing a special cup and Carnival is providing bread now that I asked (free of charge) and we are allowed 1 bottle of wine or champagne on board so we have 30 people bringing us stuff. LOL

I asked TWE but I'm still waiting on a response.

Thanks!

:) I was told that Carnival provides the runner (I.e white rug because that is what it is). Based on all of the pictures I have seen none of their runners/rugs have covered the entire length of the aisle that you will walk and when I inquired about bringing my own runner they told me that I could. I did inquire about purchasing a runner from Royal Ocean (they are the company coordinating the wedding with carnival) and they told me that they do not provide them for shipboard weddings because the cost would be too much.

I also inquired about the "cheesy" white pillars and fake white flowers.....lol They told me that for an additional cost they could provide floral arrangements for the pillars. I also inquired about changing the pillars to a floral archway and they told me that they do not like doing them inside because they are usually meant to be planted into the ground and it may be difficult to set it up but if that was something I wanted, they could try to do that for me.

I find that all you have to do is tell them what your ideas are or what you do or don't like and if it is far enough in advance and something the can do they will try to accommodate you to make your day special.

Good luck!:)

:) I was told that Carnival provides the runner (I.e white rug because that is what it is). Based on all of the pictures I have seen none of their runners/rugs have covered the entire length of the aisle that you will walk and when I inquired about bringing my own runner they told me that I could. I did inquire about purchasing a runner from Royal Ocean (they are the company coordinating the wedding with carnival) and they told me that they do not provide them for shipboard weddings because the cost would be too much.

I also inquired about the "cheesy" white pillars and fake white flowers.....lol They told me that for an additional cost they could provide floral arrangements for the pillars. I also inquired about changing the pillars to a floral archway and they told me that they do not like doing them inside because they are usually meant to be planted into the ground and it may be difficult to set it up but if that was something I wanted, they could try to do that for me.

I find that all you have to do is tell them what your ideas are or what you do or don't like and if it is far enough in advance and something the can do they will try to accommodate you to make your day special.

Good luck!:)

Ohhh... Now then I need to find out how long the length is because I found a gorgeous runner online for 30 bux!

I hate those white pillars. They are cheesy and kinda tacky to me. Maybe they have a different stand or something less 80s. I'll call Carolina (Carnival) or Raven (TWE) later....

How did you get Royal Ocean to do your wedding? I've never heard of anyone ever using anything but TWE for Carnival.

Ohhh... Now then I need to find out how long the length is because I found a gorgeous runner online for 30 bux!

I hate those white pillars. They are cheesy and kinda tacky to me. Maybe they have a different stand or something less 80s. I'll call Carolina (Carnival) or Raven (TWE) later....

How did you get Royal Ocean to do your wedding? I've never heard of anyone ever using anything but TWE for Carnival.

Aisle runner for 30 bucks? Please give me the website address? I am also looking for one. My coordinator with TWE told me the aisle runner should be 25ft and standard width.

So...... I think possibly the location of your wedding plays a role in what wedding coordinator/company Carnival will use for your wedding. According to Royal Wedding's website they only do wedding in certain places and they work with multiple cruise lines. So far they have been very nice. We have been working with Catherine. Our Carnival coordinator is Dinah and she has been wonderful.

I hope you are able to get the decor that you would like. I know how you feel..... I was so worried about my ceremony until I spoke to my coordinators and made some clarifications about it and we are not getting married until Sept. Good Luck! :)

Post pics after your trip!

So...... I think possibly the location of your wedding plays a role in what wedding coordinator/company Carnival will use for your wedding. According to Royal Wedding's website they only do wedding in certain places and they work with multiple cruise lines. So far they have been very nice. We have been working with Catherine. Our Carnival coordinator is Dinah and she has been wonderful.

I hope you are able to get the decor that you would like. I know how you feel..... I was so worried about my ceremony until I spoke to my coordinators and made some clarifications about it and we are not getting married until Sept. Good Luck! :)

Post pics after your trip!

I started with a different coordinator but she never returned my calls, emails or anything. After meeting Raven at the site inspection, I knew that's who I wanted. She answered all my questions even though she had a wedding that day.

I have already requested the room for where I want the location to take place and it's mine :D

I've changed the filling in my cake to chocolate ganache, the piping on the outside of the cake to purple, changed the flowers, the ceremony outline, the aisle runner, ordered personalized napkins... I've had my hand in everything. Even the lighting in the disco is being changed.

I have so much control over my wedding and it's turning out to be what I want and not the standard. And a lot of it didn't cost me anything! Changing the decor on the cake because I kept it simple was free, lighting free, and the filling free. The only thing that will cost me $ are my flowers. And I'm ok with that. I'm picky. haha

I started with a different coordinator but she never returned my calls, emails or anything. After meeting Raven at the site inspection, I knew that's who I wanted. She answered all my questions even though she had a wedding that day.

I have already requested the room for where I want the location to take place and it's mine :D

I've changed the filling in my cake to chocolate ganache, the piping on the outside of the cake to purple, changed the flowers, the ceremony outline, the aisle runner, ordered personalized napkins... I've had my hand in everything. Even the lighting in the disco is being changed.

I have so much control over my wedding and it's turning out to be what I want and not the standard. And a lot of it didn't cost me anything! Changing the decor on the cake because I kept it simple was free, lighting free, and the filling free. The only thing that will cost me $ are my flowers. And I'm ok with that. I'm picky. haha

I am glad that you were able to make the changes that you wanted. I was wondering...... are you bringing your own personalized napkins and runner (did you order them for yourself?). I have been thinking about personalized napkins myself. I figured that I would need to order them and bring them myself if I wanted them.:)

I am glad that you were able to make the changes that you wanted. I was wondering...... are you bringing your own personalized napkins and runner (did you order them for yourself?). I have been thinking about personalized napkins myself. I figured that I would need to order them and bring them myself if I wanted them.:)

Yes I got 100 from theknot.com for 19.99. They have a bunch of styles and you can even get the font in metallic. I order the two hearts aisle runner from OTC for $24.99 http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?requestURI=processProductsCatalog&categoryId=377320&BP=10575&ms=cse&cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-datafeed-_-datafeed-_-datafeed&sku=3/1911&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3/1911

I'm bringing both and then my sister and some of my friends are going to set it up for me along with lining the flower petals on the edge of both sides of the runner.

Yes I got 100 from theknot.com for 19.99. They have a bunch of styles and you can even get the font in metallic. I order the two hearts aisle runner from OTC for $24.99 http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?requestURI=processProductsCatalog&categoryId=377320&BP=10575&ms=cse&cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-datafeed-_-datafeed-_-datafeed&sku=3/1911&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3/1911

I'm bringing both and then my sister and some of my friends are going to set it up for me along with lining the flower petals on the edge of both sides of the runner.

I like the idea of the runner with the rose petals on the sides. Are you using artificial or real rose petals?

Artifical. I got them from petalgarden.com. We got 1000 for $17.99 even though we only need about 600. We're gonna use the rest for decoration in the reception and what not.

They are cheap and you can request up to 10 color samples for free! So I requested like 6 in my colors to see which ones I liked the most. Plus they have a petal calculator so you can determine how many petals you need to order.

Artifical. I got them from petalgarden.com. We got 1000 for $17.99 even though we only need about 600. We're gonna use the rest for decoration in the reception and what not.

They are cheap and you can request up to 10 color samples for free! So I requested like 6 in my colors to see which ones I liked the most. Plus they have a petal calculator so you can determine how many petals you need to order.

I am still debating the idea of bringing my own runner. I would really like to but we are coming from RI and will be flying which means....... you pack it, they weight it, and you pay for it. Lol So I am trying to be careful not to bring too much but the information is very helpful. I am going to check out that website. Thank you.:)

oh... I wanted to do the rose petal lined aisle.

I was told it was possible but that we would be responsible for picking up every single rose petal which lined the aisle afterward. lol. That kind of threw my love for it out the window.

I also did personalized napkins. I ordered them from Davids Bridal online (I can't order from theknot with a canadian credit card) and just got them the other day - they look great! Something small to add to everything.

oh... I wanted to do the rose petal lined aisle.

I was told it was possible but that we would be responsible for picking up every single rose petal which lined the aisle afterward. lol. That kind of threw my love for it out the window.

I also did personalized napkins. I ordered them from Davids Bridal online (I can't order from theknot with a canadian credit card) and just got them the other day - they look great! Something small to add to everything.

Oh, she didn't tell me that. When I told her I was doing that, she actually told me how pretty it would look but nothing about picking it up. Either way, I'll just have them roll up the aisle runner. LOL

Yeah, I like the hints of personalization throughout the wedding. I didn't want everything to be starch white.

Ship it to the hotel. Let the front desk know you will be expecting a package. :) I've seen others do that. And sometimes the packages are there when they arrive. :)

I would just have to make sure to choose shipping that would ensure it arrives the day before because I would be very upset if it didn't arrive on time.......lol Thank you for the idea and the website.:)

Archived