Im Back from my Carnival Paradise wedding

Where do I start..... My wedding was on 4/1/11 aboard the Carnival Paradise while in the port of Long Beach. I had 62 Sailing Guests and 80 Non-Sailing, 6 Bridesmaids, 6 Groomsmen, 2 flower girls and 3 ring bearer's. So it was a large wedding for a Cruise Wedding. Most guests stayed at the Hyatt Long Beach the night before. The hotel staff were great and the rooms were large. We started taking pictures at 0800 at the hotel with the bridal party. Most of my Bridal Party was not sailing so I wanted to make sure we had time to get pictures. After pictures I ran back up to my room, took off my dress and put on normal cloths to head to the port. For all guests that were from out of town we had a big van/bus to take them to the port. I was with my Husband and we were just going to take our car over. The bus left before we got outside to the hotel and found out that the bell boy put all my things in the bus! So I started to get upset but my FI calmed me saying we are all going to the same place. We left about 15 min after the bus. Keep in mind that the port is about 5 min away from the hotel. We park our car then start looking for the bus so I can get my things, passport, DL you know all the important things I need, The bus was nowhere to be found.......I finely get a hold of someone on the bus and found out the driver took them to the wrong port about 30 min away! then I started to loose it a bit lol. The meet up with our wedding coord. from the WE and she was just great, I had 3 of them. It turned out that they were doing a random inspection that day so we did nto get on the ship until 1145-1200. I had everything typed out for her as far as how I wanted the wedding ceremony to go and the reception as well as CD's for the music. We agreed to not do a rehearsal due to the time crunch for from the inspection. it was very smooth getting on the ship. I had OOT bags for all sailing guests with wine in them and had no issues getting the wine on board and we had a lot of it. We told all wedding party to meet us at the pool at 1245 for pictures before the wedding. The wedding was at 130 in the Normandy Lounge. The place where the wedding was looked very nice. I used all fake flowers but the flowers they gave me were very nice. They had a hand wrapped stems and all. The wedding went smooth and was very nice. Then we took a few more pictures......O side note I have my own photographer on with me I just said she was a friend that was going to take paicutes I told that I did not want to use carnivals photographer at all and there was no issues with that. She came to the hotel the night before then sailed and took pictures that whole wedding and was just great.

The reception was in the Rex Disco and was also Great. My friend decorated my cake and it looked great, Ill post pictures when I get them. The food from what I heard was wonderful, I never ate anything, but the cake was the best cake I have ever had and they served the left over cake every night for dinner if guests wanted it. the bar service was great they were giving guests 2 drinks at the same time. Im sure Im missing something so feel free to ask. I can truly say it was my dream wedding, I had everything that I wanted. I had favors, guest book table etc. Please e-mail me if you would like any info about anything else. jlynshep@aol.com

I am soo glad to hear that your wedding went smooth even with the bus and the "random" inspection. My wedding is June 3rd on the Paradise, and I am getting so anxious, but nervous at the same time. I am worried the timing will be an issue... but it seemed like you had time for just about everything. Did you bring on any decorations and if so did the wedding coordinators help decorate? I was thinking about putting a bottle of wine in each bag, but I was worried with customs. That is good you had no problems. Were you able to have Carnival deliver the OOT bags to the cabins before?

I probably have so many more questions for you... but Im excited to finally talk to another Paradise bride! Also I tried your link to the pics, but it did not work for me. Can you email me again? Would love to see how it all looked! hcase0384@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Ill email you the link, Yes I had some decorations, and yes they were willing to do everything and I also had one of my Bridesmaids there to help them in needed or if they had any questions. I did not have carnival take them to their rooms, I just gave them while we were all waiting before we boarded and then the ones I missed I took to dinner the first night and gave them out.

Thank you so much for posting a review! I am about to look at your pictures! I am getting married on the Splendor May 1st also out of long beach. Can I ask who you used for the bus/shuttle, and how much it costs if you don't mind? I am looking to do the same thing if it isnt much.

If you have any suggestions, or copies of the guides you gave to the wedding coordinator, would you mind emailing them to me please? L.Kess@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived