things to do in Haines

catlvr14

I have just been informed that our ship will not stop at Skagway, due to some conflict in the schedule. We've been there before, so it's no big deal to us. Instead, we are docking in Haines. Can anyone give me some ideas of what we can do there?

Thanks!

Hi Ctlvr!

You must be on the same sailing as me. I posted this question a few days ago and got a few answers. ;) Apparently, the Eagle Preserve is the thing to see in Haines. You can go by raft or jetboat, with the rafting trip getting the best reviews. There are also high marks given to kayaking from Haines.

We were in Haines 10 years ago and I can tell you from personal experience that you can see the entire town in under 1 hour, and that includes stops at a museum. When we were there we saw a native show, followed by a salmon bake. It was also pretty good if you are looking for a low key type shore tour.

Yes, Almagetty, we are on the same ship. I should have read back on some of the postings before I posted mine. I would have found out all the information. I wrote to the site than BQ recommended and they are sending me some literature. Either one of the things you mentioned sound fine. Can't believe next week is final payment! Won't be long now......

Archived