Children allowed to make purchases with card?

simmynj

Question...Taking my two teens on cruise in 2 weeks but do not want them to be able to use their card to charge/purchase. When checking in online, I do not see this question asked. Carnival asked when I put in all my info online, but I do not see Norwegian asking this question. How do I allow them a set amount or not allow making any purchases? Last cruise they did not want to buy anything, but just want this taken care of before we sail. Thanks

We took the cc off our kids(10 & 11) room card once we got on board.

That also means they can not use the arcade without you. That was OK with me since the arcade sucks the dollars out of you pocket. Every time they play it is a different line item on you bill. One family ended up with a 70 page bill.

I wish you could put a daily limit on their card so they could have a little freedom and responsibility.

Our boys have their own cabin. Does anyone know if we can put cash on their account so they get some money to spend but not an unlimited cc?

You can absolutely do it cash. Just check at the desk about what limitations are offered and explain that it is for your kids to use so you don't want them to go crazy.

Our boys have their own cabin. Does anyone know if we can put cash on their account so they get some money to spend but not an unlimited cc?

YES! That is what I am doing.

(I prepaid the DSC so that wont be an issue)

Question...Taking my two teens on cruise in 2 weeks but do not want them to be able to use their card to charge/purchase. When checking in online, I do not see this question asked. Carnival asked when I put in all my info online, but I do not see Norwegian asking this question. How do I allow them a set amount or not allow making any purchases? Last cruise they did not want to buy anything, but just want this taken care of before we sail. Thanks

I am not sure if this will help since I don't know how old your children are, but here's what I did when I cruised with my 16 and 18 yr olds a few years ago: After we got on board, I gave them each a set budget for the entire week (which was to include any and all extras they wanted) and they had to bring their copies of the charge slips back to me. It was honor system based and they were both great about it.

Honestly they were so busy with activities they went to the arcade maybe once and I had already bought them soda cards. So beyond an occasional smoothie there wasn't much for them to purchase.

Tracy

you can make that clear when you check in. The decision is up to you.

Nita

Archived