Difference between CruiseCare and other Insurance

I am confused and wonder if someone can give me a quick review of what is the difference between buying the CruiseCare insurance thru RCI or buying insurance through an outside source. Does CruiseCare provide everything I would possibly need?

I am confused and wonder if someone can give me a quick review of what is the difference between buying the CruiseCare insurance thru RCI or buying insurance through an outside source. Does CruiseCare provide everything I would possibly need?
Cannot be answered no one knows what you need. I suggest reading RCI's Cruise Care coverage and comparing it with cruise insurance from sights such as Insuremytrip or Squarmouth. Everyone is different, age state of residence, etc. all make a difference and no one policy is a fits all for all folks.

I would need someone who is a more frequent Royal Caribbean cruiser than me to verify that is also true on RCCL.

The difference between choosing Princess insurance when on a Princess ship, and an insurance such as TravelGuard, is that the ship insurance just covers you on the ship, and TravelGuard can cover you both before and after (up to 30 days total) if you are on an extended trip. This can be very important for medical coverage, especially if you embark or disembark in a port outside of the US.

I know you have to be careful of "pre-existing" conditions with other insurance. With some, I think RC is one of them, you cannot be "treated" within the past year. You sure have to read the fine print or have a TA that knows what is what.

I like travel guard for my trips because if you purchase it within 15 days of your final payment, it will cover pre existing conditions. this is important for us because practically everything that could happen may be considered a pre existing condition when you get over the age of 50! It also covers you from the moment you purchase to 30 days after. I generally get the silver package because it will cover ALL my needs incase something does happen. You just never know and it is peace of mind. For the $$ I can generally get a cheaper price and better coverage than thru the Cruise line. Insuremytrip.com is an excellent site for comparing coverage and $$ as said above. The younger you are, the cheaper the $$. Hope this helps!

Call the folks over at tripinsurancestore.com. They were outstanding for me, perfectly willing to talk through the options. Most imnportantly explained they whys and whynots to me in a way that I could understand and make a good choice. Thanks Steve!!!

Archived