What should I do in Freeport?

smbrown13

we just got back and went to Dead Man's Reef - great beach, they pick you up, give you gear, and lunch for $41 - easy to deal with, awesome reef and Cheap cold Drinks - $3.50 each. Chair and umbrella rental was available for extra. They got us back to the boat on time too:)

My Mom is 75 and MIL 80 and they had no problem in the water or on the beach

Dead Mens Reef??? Is that the name of a beach? You mentioned chair rental. How far from the cruise terminal? We don't have to many hours in Freeport but I'm trying to keep kids and adults happy.:p Is it better than Junkanoo Beach? Thats top of our list so far. Thanks.

We will be there this coming week and are unsure still what we will do in Freeport. We were thinking about doing Our Lucaya but don't want to do that if it's going to be super crowded.

Can someone give me more information on Banana Beach? Is there a charge? We've heard that the beaches in Freeport are beautiful and we don't want a ton of crowds but do want some amenities (eg: bathroom) THANKS.

• 2 weeks later...

How easy is it to find a taxi back to the ship? I know my parents have their cruise stories of having trouble getting a taxi back to the boat and this is my first cruise without my very experience cruiser parents! I don't want to have a cruise horror story!

How easy is it to find a taxi back to the ship? I know my parents have their cruise stories of having trouble getting a taxi back to the boat and this is my first cruise without my very experience cruiser parents! I don't want to have a cruise horror story!

Depends on where you're wanting to catch the taxi from. If you're talking about Our Lucaya back to the port, then there's lots of taxis so no worries. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
How far is it from the ship? How easy to get a taxi back to the ship? We are only in port from 7 am to 2 pm but would like to see some sights.

JUST A WARNING

If you go to Freeport, the cabs there will not come back to port until they are full. Last time we waited 45 mins. so allow for time to get back

there is also a nice little shack in the middle of the shopping area that sells the best frozen island drinks. you can get a 16oz and 10oz cup of the same flavor for $6. and you can get this with or w/o the rum so your 8 yr old can enjoy too.

OMG! i was going to post a question as to if anyone knew of a small hut in freeport with great drinks and cheap, we went there a few years back and had the best time there (though we had toured that day and have no idea where this palce was..) and because of your post now i know!! thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived