2 Quick questions?

scumbers

hi

we are booked on a princess cruise for feb 2012

When we have used royal caribbean they have said that your luggage could take up to 10pm to be in your cabin - what is the luggage like on the ruby?

Also - when we visit grand turk i hear there is a cruise centre and it has a swimming pool etc - is this open to us and is it free

:)

Can't answer Grand Turk, but as far as luggage, it's usually in the cabins pretty quick. That said, if there is an issue (the most common being tags coming off) it certainly can take longer. I think Princess said 9 PM at latest at one point but that's pretty much a cover their tail number.

We were just in Grand Turk last week on the Ruby and absolutely loved the pool there. It's fairly large and the beach is right there as well with lots of chairs. We rented a bungalow and very glad that we did since we arrived after the Carnival Glory and most of the chairs around the pool were already taken, especially the ones with ubmrellas. As soon as we arrived at our bungalow a server appeared to get our drink orders. I think the first drinks were included, I'll have to double check that. The food was pretty good, we ordered lunch and had it delivered as well. Your ship is right there though, you could go back and eat on the ship as well.

I took a walk down the beach and it was a lot less crowded and enjoyed the most amazing water I've seen since I was in Bonaire. Now I understand why the Turks Caicos are known for their beaches!

Our luggage was in our staterooms, we had two this trip, by the time we got back from lunch!

I hope this helps.

That is the one thing about Grand Turk, we have always been there with another Carnival ship, and it has always arrived before us, which meant very limited seating anywhere.......on the beach or at the pool. :(

We still had a very nice day, perhaps the Margarita's helped.;)

That is the one thing about Grand Turk, we have always been there with another Carnival ship, and it has always arrived before us, which meant very limited seating anywhere.......on the beach or at the pool. :(

I guess we were lucky the one and only time I've been there.... we were the only ship. Still crowded though...can't imagine what it'd be like with another ship in port. :(

3730639292_2d9851fb89_z.jpg

Grand Turk - Caribbean Princess by RickEk, on Flickr

Yes there is a complimentary pool...however, the ocean itself is absolutely gorgeous there.

We chose not to stay at the cruise center...rather we walked down a half of a mile or so and went to "Jack's Shack". Little bar on the beach, run by ex-pats. MUCH less croweded, fantastic food cooked on the grill and fantastic (and cheaper!) drinks.

I guess we were lucky the one and only time I've been there.... we were the only ship. Still crowded though...can't imagine what it'd be like with another ship in port. :(

3730639292_2d9851fb89_z.jpg

Grand Turk - Caribbean Princess by RickEk, on Flickr

Crowded is two ships of that size in port at the same time. Happens to us each time we stop in Grand Turk. Would love to be the only ship in port just once, but so far, that hasn't happened.

About the luggage getting to your cabin...

We boarded the Ruby in February in one of the first groups let on. We were amazed when our luggage showed up at our cabin by 2:00 or so. That was the earliest we had ever seen luggage at our door!

One caveat about Grand Turk (and anyone who has been there recently can correct me if need be) is that the beach (at least on the right side of the pier) is very rocky once you get into the surf. Water shoes are a necessity!

1.Grand Turk , the Capitol of T&C is welcoming. When other ships are in as in any place your having the same facilities for many more people..

On Luggage, sometimes arrival does go amiss. What you also may want to do is have a photo-copy of your DATA inside each piece so if the Tags go astray.. you are still going to have Your ID etc in each piece.

As in the US BoyScout MOTTO it fits always so well..

(( BE PREPARED ))

Baden Powell of Holland Park, London, England would be so very proud!:cool:

as far as luggage, it's usually in the cabins pretty quick. That said, if there is an issue (the most common being tags coming off) it certainly can take longer. I think Princess said 9 PM at latest at one point but that's pretty much a cover their tail number.

On the Diamond, our luggage was in our room, really quick. As soon as we walked in and set it down, there it was!! Amazing;)

Later, walking around, getting our bearings, we were able to watch the fun and games at the Purser's desk where people were trying to fill in forms to track down missing bags. Some weren't sure the size or color of their bags that were MIA. Carryon does have its advantages.

This is what it's like with 2 ships in port!Couldn't help it Rick! as for the right side of the pier, didn't go there, the left side was great! you could swim and snorkle without shoes.

200388_1891911028098_1551188996_32001141_4725455_n.jpg

I was pretty sure I'm not the only one taking photos on these cruises... :p;) We're considering the July 28th Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess and I just looked it up and we'd be in Grand Turk along with Carnival Pride, so if we decide to book, I'll find out first hand what it's like with two ships in port. Like I said before, it seemed pretty crowded with just one ship there... Margaritaville was a zoo! Jack's Shack sounds like a good place to go though, thanks Stephy0519! :)

Archived