Cabin Assignments

Claybuster58

We are first time cruisers, going to Alaska on the Zaandam May 29. Can anyone tell me about when we can expect to have our cabin assignment? Thanks.
Typically guarantee assignments begin about three weeks out, peak around 11 or 10 days out, and may come as late as embarkation day at the pier. We've done 8 GTYs and got one at 18 days, one at 3 days, and the rest at either 10 or 11 days. On weekends, too.

BTW, every one was an upgrade. On one we were upgraded from an H to a C at 11 days out, and then reassigned to a V at 3 days. YMMV, however.

Good luck! :)

you never can tell

i have read here where some people got their cabin assignment a month in advance

then some got theirs a couple of weeks before the cruise

some just days before the cruise

and a couple of people didn't know until their got to the pier

just keep checking

hope you get a good upgrade

Typically guarantee assignments begin about three weeks out, peak around 11 or 10 days out, and may come as late as embarkation day at the pier. We've done 8 GTYs and got one at 18 days, one at 3 days, and the rest at either 10 or 11 days. On weekends, too.

BTW, every one was an upgrade. On one we were upgraded from an H to a C at 11 days out, and then reassigned to a V at 3 days. YMMV, however.

Good luck! :)

Thanks! fingers, toes & eyes crossed...:)

I believe we are sailing on the same cruise (Zaamdam May 29, 2011 Vancouver to Alaska northbound of course). We are waiting for our room assignment as well. If interested check out our roll call, we'd be the only ones there, it seems to be a sold out cruise but not an active roll call. Book any excursions yet?

Cruising on the 15th and still waiting -- it is like expecting a birthday gift --suspenseful and exciting at the same time!

They seem to be taking forever with the assignments lately. I just got mine the other day for my cruise that leaves on the 15th as well. Hope you do better then I did:):).

I will check out the roll call. We have booked all of our excursions already. Since we are rookies, we wanted to get everything set before we go. It is probably a little more expensive that way but piece of mind is a good thing too. Good luck and thanks for the response.

About 6 or 8 guaranteed cabins were assigned yesterday for the April 22 Zuiderdam cruise - mostly lovely upgrades according to our roll call. That's 15 days out. Who knows??

It's seems to be so random as to when they do it lately. I don't think there are many upgrades happening on my cruise from what I've seen. The last cruise I did well so now it's time to "pay":D.

I am on the April 22 Zuiderdam cruise - did not get our cabin assignment yet. The ones that were talked about on the roll call all seemed to be veranda or better. We have an OV. Hopefully we will hear soon. Our TA said we should hear by the end of the week. Otherwise we should know April 22. We will be sleeping somewhere, cruising, and happy.

Archived