Aft Rooms on Radiance of the Seas

Is there any bad???? Seriously, we were on Serenade (her sister ship) a few months ago in an aft balcony on deck 7. It was wonderful. I have read some posts that indicate some people don't like the walk all the way aft but it truly was not even an issue for us. The view is heavenly, it is quiet, quiet, quiet back there and the huge balcony is fantastic. I honestly can't think of a single bad thing about the aft balconys...as a matter of fact we now consider ourselves not just balcony snobs, but AFT balcony snobs!!!

We were in 9260 a few years ago.

Aft cabins are great. Slightly longer inside than a standard balcony, 204 sq ft instead of 179. Much larger balcony with 2 sun loungers and a couple of chairs. 3 seater sofa inside cabin with curtain separating bed area. Bed is at window.

View of the wake is wonderful and not to be missed. Very little wind as balcony is sheltered.

On deck 9 the Windjammer open seating area above did not bother us. So deck 8 too should be good. Wouldn't take deck 10 personally as you could get noise of constant chatter above from dining area and cigarette smells, also scraping of chairs.

If it is a good price, definitely book it, it is special and a wonderful experience, we would book again if one was available.

We were on deck 9 - corner aft 9256 on the Radiance. The larger balcony and the wake view is the absolute best. On the Radiance class ships the walk to the elevators is a little longer but that never really bothered me and would take the same cabin again in a hearbeat. Personally I have nothing bad to say about aft cabins....we LOVE them.

LOVE being aft on the ship (Serenade and Rhapsody) All of the comments are true. Quiet, large balcony, long walks to mid/forward (But we all need the exercise with all that food). Have a great time!

Radiance 1102 to Alaska. Brilliant. HUGE balcony, very quiet location. fitness stroll to the room. View is fantastic. Even in open water there is always something to see and no matter what side of the ship the view is on, you get to see it. Have booked an aft for New Zealand.

Has anyone experienced the Deck 8 AFT Room on Radiance of the Seas? What was the good and bad?:cool:

I was recently in a junior suite on deck 10 aft. We loved the location, the view off the back is great. The hallways are very quiet since you would only walk back there going to a cabin. Also, the balconies are also larger than those on the sides of the ship.

Well we did select the AFT Cabin a month or so ago and now I am happy we did based upon everyone's comments. We took a chance since I do get seasick on very rough waters, but with the seasick patches and ginger pills if needed, we'll do just fine. The long walk to the cabin never bothers us. Thanks to all who replied. :D

We have been aft lovers from the first cruise we took. This will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean as well as our first trip to Alaska and we have the corner aft junior suite on deck 10. From the pictures of the aft that we've seen, the corner afts all look close to being about the same size.

Lets see some pictures of the aft balconies! We have 8168 reserved. Anyone have pictures of 8168 on any of the Radiance class ships? It would be nice if pictures could be posted of both inside the cabins, and pictures of the balconies. We all know they are larger, but it is really nice to be able to see the added space the balconies have.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had an aft room cruising Australia to New Zealand? I am hearing the seas can be a little rough and was wondering how it was in an aft room. We have 8168 on the Radiance next November and although I usually don't get seasick was just wondering how this would be in choppy seas.

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe our luck, 9256 was listed as available on the site this morning so I called my travel agent and she changed from 8168 to 9256. Yeah. I have heard so many great things about this cabin that I really wanted to try it. I was told it is the best D cabin on the ship. Huge balcony and great room. We are cruising Australia and New Zealand so this will be fantastic to see the country.

I cannot believe our luck, 9256 was listed as available on the site this morning so I called my travel agent and she changed from 8168 to 9256. Yeah. I have heard so many great things about this cabin that I really wanted to try it. I was told it is the best D cabin on the ship. Huge balcony and great room. We are cruising Australia and New Zealand so this will be fantastic to see the country.

Congratulations....that is really good luck! We had that cabin twice, once on the Radiance and once on the Serenade. as far as I'm concerned, it can't be beat. I even liked the balcony and view more than our friends' Grand Suite cabin!:)

They're all good, but personally as far as D cabins go, I prefer the ones on deck 10 (1102, 1104, etc.) to 9256.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been reading so many good things about this cabin that I am really excited about sailing from Australia to New Zealand in November. It is only 130 days until we set sail and the time can't go fast enough. I will definitely take pictures and post them on this site for others to view. I still am a little concerned about rough seas but everyone has said this is a great cabin to be in and it doesn't move as much as the side ones do, so I will let you know. Hopefully we will have calm seas, no rain, great weather through the sounds and we can enjoy the big balcony. It will be nice not to have to go up on deck, we will be able to see both sides of the areas from the AFT, and the walk will be great for us after all the food.

To lonig:

Congratulations on booking 9256 for Australia/New Zealand. PLEASE write a review when you return.

We have booked 9256 on the Radiance for March/April 2013 for a total of 52 nights......we would really like to hear of your cruise.

We've been in 9256 on the Jewel (12-night Baltic) and Brilliance (12-night Med.) and loved it. We even had a party one evening on the balcony attended by 10 friends!!! As far as seas, we encountered moderately rough seas on the Baltic cruise resulting in some movement back there but nothing that Bonine didn't help.

Again, please write a review when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

I will definitely write a review of 9256 and our cruise when we get back in December. I will post a picture as well so people can see what the cabin and balcony looks like. 118 days now until we set sail, I am getting more excited day by day.

Archived