Falmouth - Shopping at the Pier?

Perki

it looks like the first few ships have begun stopping at Falmouth so I was wondering are there stores right at the pier that are open? we buy maps at each of the islands we go to and get them framed nicely when we get home so would like to buy one of Jamaica while we are there but don't want to have to travel to get one really if we don't have to. thank you for any info for those that have made a stop here already.

As of right now, in the port area, there are only vendors set up outside the buildings. Most of them had typical souvenir items, but I don't recall seeing any maps. A couple vendors had a serving tray type thing which had a map of Jamaica on it...

If they're still offering it when you visit, I'd recommend taking the free shuttle to the Shoppes at Rose Hall. It's not too far from Falmouth, and the ride offers a beautiful view of the ocean. Not sure if that counts as "traveling" when you mentioned you didn't want to do that, though.

There are a variety of shops there, so hopefully you'll be able to find what you're looking for if you decide to go. I don't recall seeing any maps when we were there a few weeks ago, but we weren't shopping for those.

When we were in Falmouth there were about a dozen karts/booths/kiosks selling souveniers, Blue Mountain coffee, drinks and food.

The buildings were mostly constructed but the interiors were unfinished. Not sure how long it will take, but when it is done it will be lovely and (more importantly) safe.

Definately take the shuttle to Rose Hall for more shopping...and enjoy your cruise.

thank you all, we will look into going to the Shoppes at Rose Hall, and check out the carvings too. we got some wonderful small carved pineapples last year on Labadee so would love to add to that collection too.

How far is Rose Hall from Falmouth? Thanks

It took us about 10 minutes to get out of Falmouth, probably about a half hour in total to get there (roughly, I was on island time ;) ). We left around 1015 AM, so we were in traffic with excursions, etc. Trip back was maybe 15-20 minutes... There was less traffic getting back into town.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be going to Falmouth on December 2011 on the Oasis of the Seas. This information is good for us but maybe by December it will be different. I will keep in touch till my trip. Anyhow thanks a lot everyone.

Archived