Where to go?

Zoey1

I am traveling with my husband, 21 & 16 yr old children. I would prefer to not deal with my 16 yr old and the nude beaches, yet would hate to miss out on some great beaches. Any suggestions about which beaches, without giving him a complete eyeful?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2003;5;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Orient Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen--and I have seen a lot between my home state and many travels to Hawaii and the Caribbean.

While parts of Orient Beach are nude (north end) the part where the cab drops you off has some women topless. Most that were topless were the ones you really didn't care to see topless--women like me over 50!

The cab ride for four would be $6 each, each way. The lounges are 6 euros each and the umbrella 3 euros--the guy just charged us $15 (two lounges and 1 umbrella) and said we got a discount--which at it being about $1.27 to 1 euro it was.

Zoey,

Without a little more info on what you want in a beach, it's hard to answer. Here's a link with a brief description of a number of them. One that is not usually mentioned here, but is getting popular is Friar's.

[url="http://www.stmartin.com/beaches.htm"]Becahes[/url]

Don't miss out on Orient. It is consistently voted as the Number 1 beach in the Caribbean.

As for sunbathers on the beach, you will see a full range of people. In most cases cruisers are herded into one location, and 99.9% are not topless or nude. If you take a stroll away from that location you will see some of the most beautiful French women ever. Almost all are topless. Go to the south end of the beach and almost all are nude.

You will see topless women on every beach at St. Maarten, so maybe it would be best to protect your 16 year old son and give him blinders.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I am sold on Orient Beach, but which beach to go to is now confusing. I am looking for clean beach, clear water that is not rocky.We don't mind people on the beach but are not into it being "wall to wall" people. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Wendy

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2003;5;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived