Update! 80 days to go

Because of the amount of control and personalization I have for my wedding, I wanted to share with you all how easy it has been to be able to control a vast majority of my wedding.

I'm only finalizing my guest list now and waiting for some favor items to come in. :)

-I got a fantastic deal from theweddingchannel.com and got 2 handpainted w/ Swarvoski crystal flutes for $35 in my colors and with my flowers on them. (when they come in I'll post photos)

-I just received my napkins yesterday and I'll post a photo when I get home. From theknot.com 100 for $19.99 in a plum with gold metallic font and kissing fish.

-Our favors for everyone will be the purple and gold kisses with a label on the bottom in a gold shimmer/iridescent bag. bags - $.99 for 10 (we got 60) and the kisses we're getting anywhere. We are printing our own labels (my mom and I love crafts) and are cutting them out with a hand punch.

-Another favor for everyone is either going to be bath confetti in a tube or vellum envelope or bath salt like message in a bottle. (we're waiting to find out if it's allowed now that bath salt is considered a drug.)

-Our OOT bags (we have 30 sailing) include the following and will all be in a beach pail like kids play with :D:

1. shovel

2. tylenol

3. dramamine

4. bandaids

5. beach ball

6. flip flops in their sizes

7. kleenex

8. suntan lotion packets

9. flip flop key chains

10. Shout wipes

11. welcome letter

12. card holder

so far but we have some other things we want to get but haven't decided which ones yet. Got all these things from various places like walmart, the dollar store, etc.

-Got my shoes "Gianna" and will be dyed royal blue to match my garter and I'm hand embellishing the heel to cover in rhinestones. (My friends always give me things to "bedazzle" like their cell phones and even did a pacifier! lol) so that's easy for me.

-Ordered my dress Kitty Chen Couture - Cloris - it comes in the beg of June.

-Ordered my sister's dress Bari Jay Bridesmaids Style 908

-Got the MOST AMAZING hairstylist - Art of Hair by Claudia ($100 bride & $75 bridesmaid) and makeup artist Makeup by Marz ($125 bride $95 bridesmaid) coming to the house @ 6 am for my sister and me. They always work together too so they can do both at the same time.

-Ordered flower petals for the flower girl and to line the runner (need 600). 1000 for $17.99

-Aisle runner from OTC - $24.99 100 ft.

-Got special chalise for communion and Carnival is providing bread for us.

-Changed my cake filling to chocolate ganache for 2 tiers and for 1 tier strawberry.

-Changed the piping color from the plain white to purple and sent in a cake piping design for my cake.

-Ordered my cake topper off ebay completely bedazzled for $34.95

-Ordered silk arrangements to replace the white ones on the pillars. (local friend who's a florist $20 each) they are actually easy to do though. And friends are taking them off.

-Requested lighting change in the disco to match wedding colors.

-Requested the specific room that I want my wedding in.

-Bought both rings

I've attached photos of what I have on my work PC. I'll attach more later.

That's all I can think of right now. Still waiting on the florist for my flowers and bridesmaid bouquet and boutonnieres. And still need to get my guest book but otherwise I'm pretty much done. :)

bathsalt.jpg.75be190da10cb25172bf1e4361c9388f.jpg

dress.jpg.e0fadadca888c395749a32ccf77069e6.jpg

gianna.jpg.8dc32c421803a8f3bf527bbe3acdb08b.jpg

hair3.jpg.f3e508ee2ced5980df764a52df4b45d1.jpg

wedding_cake_1.jpg.57e449c72bef63940eab161335d66fd4.jpg

ring.jpg.83a8a6238e8dc9a1ef74e16ab9d76d5d.jpg

Woo! Congrats - you seem to be right on the ball!

So Carnival does not supply an aisle runner already? I hate to think about lugging it around...

How did you do the cake piping design and color thing? I thought they were strictly white cake simple simple simple.. I've never seen anyone's Carnival cake look any different! Score :) I wanna do it too..

Again, I'm worried about bulk when it comes to those white flowers on the pillars. I was wondering if I should try to get some feathers to stick in them or ribbon in my color (like an aqua/turquoise kinda color) to sort of dress them up a bit, something that will pack well. It's hard to tell without having the whole thing in front of you though, and I wouldn't want to rush it on that day and have it look even cheesier.. hehe

WOW! Seems like you have everything under control!

My wedding isnt till November but I was planning on doing the OOT bags too! I also wasnt aware you could change the color of the piping on the cake, did they charge a lot more for that? And you just sent them the picture and their going to make it look like that?

I hope you write a review after your wedding!

Woo! Congrats - you seem to be right on the ball!

So Carnival does not supply an aisle runner already? I hate to think about lugging it around...

How did you do the cake piping design and color thing? I thought they were strictly white cake simple simple simple.. I've never seen anyone's Carnival cake look any different! Score :) I wanna do it too..

Again, I'm worried about bulk when it comes to those white flowers on the pillars. I was wondering if I should try to get some feathers to stick in them or ribbon in my color (like an aqua/turquoise kinda color) to sort of dress them up a bit, something that will pack well. It's hard to tell without having the whole thing in front of you though, and I wouldn't want to rush it on that day and have it look even cheesier.. hehe

You can't ask for any dark colors but any other color you can. As long as you send them a relatively easy and simple piping design they will do it FREE of charge. Call your Carnival wedding person and ask them to send your design to the Food & Beverage department. :) Anything more difficult they will charge you for.

I got 2 fake arrangements for like 20 and one of my friends is going to take it home with her since she isn't cruising. I'm taking a box so the aisle runner and other items can go off the boat after the wedding. :)

They provide the aisle runner but I didn't like it because it's so short. It's only like 25 ft. which only reaches like half the way down the seats of the guests.

WOW! Seems like you have everything under control!

My wedding isnt till November but I was planning on doing the OOT bags too! I also wasnt aware you could change the color of the piping on the cake, did they charge a lot more for that? And you just sent them the picture and their going to make it look like that?

I hope you write a review after your wedding!

No they didn't charge me because it was a simple design. They don't do dark colors but every other color should be fine. I got a purple color. I sent them the photo and they said they could do it. :)

I plan on writing a detailed review. I want to see how many of my changes happen the way I want them. lolol

This weekend I just received my chapstick (.29 cents at bulkapothecary.com), got the small kleenex packets and hand sanitizer bottles (small ones). I'm soooo excited for this.

WoW! Everything sounds and looks beautiful! You are going a wonderful job with your planning and preparing.

I had no idea a bride could remain in controll of so many of those details while planning a shipboard wedding! Your planning and review should be helpful to others (like me!) who like controll.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations! :)

WoW! Everything sounds and looks beautiful! You are going a wonderful job with your planning and preparing.

I had no idea a bride could remain in controll of so many of those details while planning a shipboard wedding! Your planning and review should be helpful to others (like me!) who like controll.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations! :)

I love to know that I have control over all of it for the most part. To know that I'm almost done with the planning and will have the last month to relax makes me so happy.

I was so cautious at first because I didn't want to not have control over anything as many people made it seem that way. But I found out the more questions you asked, the more ideas you got, Carnival's wedding department and TWE were pretty helpful in helping me meet my dream and most of it for little or no cost!!

I did realize that I had to be pretty specific in my ideas and usually had to provide photos which in itself was time consuming and sometimes exhausting but it's worth it. In the end I know that what I'm getting is so me that I won't have any problems with minor flaws.

I got my ring this weekend so I've attached a photo of that and my napkins as well.

They are actually a plum color with the gold metallic writing and image but my flash makes it look like a lighter purple.

ring!.jpg.f47c63c048d24e5f793f740278e76f65.jpg

napkin.jpg.49238c8121a7814cc09ff1fb7ed3709f.jpg

I love to know that I have control over all of it for the most part. To know that I'm almost done with the planning and will have the last month to relax makes me so happy.

I was so cautious at first because I didn't want to not have control over anything as many people made it seem that way. But I found out the more questions you asked, the more ideas you got, Carnival's wedding department and TWE were pretty helpful in helping me meet my dream and most of it for little or no cost!!

I did realize that I had to be pretty specific in my ideas and usually had to provide photos which in itself was time consuming and sometimes exhausting but it's worth it. In the end I know that what I'm getting is so me that I won't have any problems with minor flaws.

I got my ring this weekend so I've attached a photo of that and my napkins as well.

They are actually a plum color with the gold metallic writing and image but my flash makes it look like a lighter purple.

YOUR RING IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I bet you can't wait to wear it! I love it!

The napkins (and everything else too!) looks great!

I too was happy to be done with all of the planning a little early, but this last bit of waiting is MADDENING!! I've never had much patience anyway. I think my fiance has has enough of the waiting too, he is as excited as I am, although he can control himself much better than I can. I'm just GIDDY over here!!! :) And he's cool as a cucumber!

I'm so glad you are getting the control over your wedding that you want! As I said earlier, your info with that will help other brides to be able to have more of their own choices incorporated into their wedding. Good job getting it done EXACTLY how you want it done!!

I can't wait at all to wear it!!! I knew that was going to happen though. haha

Well once I get this done, I have to plan our pre-party with all of our friends and family and finalize the bachelorette party. So still more work to be done but not enough to keep me busy. We are both excited and can't wait to get married.

I know I'll be even more energetic once I get down to the wire like you. I won't know what to do. lolol

Wow. Everything looks great, and you are amazingly organized! But I am wondering what your plan is to get everything on an off the ship. Do you have lots of people helping?

I have a few friends who aren't sailing who are taking the items home with them so when I return I just pick them up. Gonna have a nifty cardboard box for them to carry off the ship. :) My best friends are awesome.

It's so funny how receiving a box full of napkins excites us brides. I received my napkins last week. they are purple with our names and an anchor in a really cool magnetic silver lettering. I keep pulling them out of the box and admiring. My fiance was joking saying that we won't want them to be used at the reception, they are too nice.

LOL My fiancee said the same thing! He said I'm going to sneak some off... I already hid one for my scrapbook. Hahaha

This is like an early Christmas for me!!! Everytime I get a package it excited me! Now if I could just get my shoes from the people dying them I could start the bedazzling process. That will take me a good 2-3 weeks to complete. I love rhinestones and glitter and sparkle. lol

Archived