Adventure Ocean - Brilliance of the Seas - night time group babysitting setup?

BWP

Hi, I'm a little unclear what the set up is for group babysitting on the BoS @ night time? The website seems vague. Can anyone shed some light?

I know that in-stateroom babysitting is offered @ $19/hour for up to three children (ouch!) Question: what do they charge for only one child, or is it the same flat rate of $19/hour?

And then I've been advised that there is a group babysitting option in Adventure Ocean @ $5/hour per child.... but I need a bit more information: are the children entertained, or are they settled down to sleep? what are the operating times for this night time group babysitting?

I will be cruising on the BoS in July with THREE young children, so really need to get a better understanding of all the night time babysitting options available, and the costs and times, etc.

Any help/feedback from your own previous experiences on the BoS would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Peggy. Posted on the Family Cruising forum first :) Just thought I'd post here too, because I don't always get Royal Caribbean specific feedback on the Family forum, and what's the norm for one line isn't necessarily the norm for another line... Although all feedback is appreciated - all helps form a better picture!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BWP,

I hope this reply is not too late for you. When we have cruised RCCL in the past (Caribbean), we used the group sitting option. Our daughter was 6yrs old at the time. They usually show a movie and settle the kids in with pillows, blankets and low lighting. Some of the kids konk out and some stay awake for the movie. Guess it depends on your kid, what time zone they are use to being in, and what time you return to pick them up. We are from the west coast so Midnight in the Caribbean is like 8:00pm for her which, was nice for us. Then we all got to sleep in in the morning.

Archived