Jose & Patti Brunch on the Dawn

BURNSMN

My wife and I just returned from the 9 day on the Dawn and wanted to pass on an excellent value that was not advertised properly on the ship. On the last Friday sea day there is an exclusive brunch in the Venetian Restaurant from 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m. It had a cover charge of $15 per person with one child free per paying adult. It would include a brunch and two hours entertainment from Jose and Patti. We had enjoyed the duo throughout the cruise and decided to go expecting a traditional brunch.

When we got to the Venetian we were amazed at what was included for the $15 cover charge. There was the normal brunch that we expected with many breakfast items, salad, pastries, wonderful desserts, etc. The big surprise was this: YOU WERE ALSO ALLOWED TO ORDER A MEAL FROM A LIMITED LE BISTRO MENU! We both had the Le Bistro Signature meal which included a Fillet, Tiger Shrimp, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli, and Bearnaise Sauce. It was wonderful. Other menu items included Chateaubriand, Salmon. Penne Pasta Toscana, and some made to order breakfast items.

This was undoubtedly the best value for a fine meal that we found on our cruise. It was very poorly advertised and not very well attended. Even people who were coming in and looking at the buffet did not realized that you also got to order from the Le Bistro Menu. Just about everyone I talked to later that day on the ship said they would have attended if they had known what was included.

If this brunch is continued on the Dawn, I highly recommend that you attend.

I'm sure the food was as good as described, but I have to think that the real added value was having Josie & Patti entertain for 2 hrs. I hate to sound like a broken record (pun intended), but they are wonderful. I enjoyed the entertainment aboard Epic, but would rather attend a J&P show than Legends any day of the week.

We were also at that brunch last week, and it was absolutely wonderful. It was a shame that the dining room was almost empty. Honestly, it was MUCH better than the dinner we had in the Bistro.

I had heard and read about Jose and Patti long before we cruised, and I didn't think too much about it, but I was delighted when I heard them for the first time. They are extraordinary!

Jose and Patty are AWESOME!!! Plain and simple. While we did not attend the brunch, we did see them perform, four times during our cruise on the Dawn in February. I had seen some posts about them before we went, and suggested to my DH, that we should check them out, once onboard. Boy, were we glad we did. Thanks once again CC, for the heads up on J&P. You will not be disappointed.

My wife and I just returned from the 9 day on the Dawn and wanted to pass on an excellent value that was not advertised properly on the ship. On the last Friday sea day there is an exclusive brunch in the Venetian Restaurant from 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m. It had a cover charge of $15 per person with one child free per paying adult. It would include a brunch and two hours entertainment from Jose and Patti. We had enjoyed the duo throughout the cruise and decided to go expecting a traditional brunch.

When we got to the Venetian we were amazed at what was included for the $15 cover charge. There was the normal brunch that we expected with many breakfast items, salad, pastries, wonderful desserts, etc. The big surprise was this: YOU WERE ALSO ALLOWED TO ORDER A MEAL FROM A LIMITED LE BISTRO MENU! We both had the Le Bistro Signature meal which included a Fillet, Tiger Shrimp, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli, and Bearnaise Sauce. It was wonderful. Other menu items included Chateaubriand, Salmon. Penne Pasta Toscana, and some made to order breakfast items.

This was undoubtedly the best value for a fine meal that we found on our cruise. It was very poorly advertised and not very well attended. Even people who were coming in and looking at the buffet did not realized that you also got to order from the Le Bistro Menu. Just about everyone I talked to later that day on the ship said they would have attended if they had known what was included.

If this brunch is continued on the Dawn, I highly recommend that you attend.

This was offered on our Dawn cruise last January. We did not go and have regretted it ever since. No worries. We're on the Dawn again next February and won't make the same mistake again. Of course, that is if J&P are still on the Dawn.

Archived