Land Rover & Cave Expedition

ghp

The caves were pretty cool, but very hot and humid (We went in May).

The Land Rover tour was okay. The other group we were paired with couldn't drive a stick, so I had to drive the whole time. It was fun to drive, but I didn't get a chance to look around as the area was very rugged and difficult to drive in.

We did this excursion and all of us enjoyed it. We rode an open air safari bus to the caves and after we went through them we drove land rovers over and up some hills. A couple of the hills were pretty steep, we got up them the first time but others had to try a couple of times. One benefit of being from the country I guess :). It was pretty bumpy but fun. We then drove them on the road, ate the lunch they provided and then took a boat ride back to the pier.

Make sure you have your license with you, they do ask for them. We didn't have ours but they let us drive anyway - we had four in our group so we got our own land rover.

I wanted to do this last year but our stop in Belieze was cancelled due to hurricane richard. We ended up doing the Mini-Jeep Rhino tour in Costa Maya (not the same). We are going to Belieze again this year but I am not sure if we'll do it because we'll have a larger group.

My parents did the tour a while back and enjoyed it, my dad was the only one who could drive stick in his group so he got to do all the driving as well.

Archived