I was upgraded, what now?

Aero247

Our cruise is in 8 days and I just found out we have been upgraded from a 6A to an 8C (yeah!) but what about all the luggage tags I have that say Riviera Deck. Will they automatically move my luggage or will they give me new tags that I'll have to fill out at the port? I haven't filled them out yet, should I put my new cabin number on the tags even though they are riviera deck? By the way, it is cabin 8414. Anyone know anything about that cabin?

Can only tell you my experience with the same situation. When I arrived at the airport in Houston, there were Carnival people there. They looked on the computer, saw that I had been upgraded and gave me new luggage tags for my upgraded room. BTW....I had an ocean view and was upgraded to a suite (Cat. 12!!!!!!) Enjoy your cruise!!!!!!

Some people fly in the day before so you wont be seeing carnival people at the airport for your cruise. Whenyou get to the pier ask the porter--the people who take your luggae do have a manifest- your name will be there and they will give you new tags--

How do you know you were upgraded?

Exactly, when you arrive at the pier with your luggage, the porter will officially tell you your new cabin number, which you will write on new luggage tags. (If you have TBA tags, you will just write your new room number right on those gray tags!)

Enjoy your cruise!

THey will give you new tags at the port....

What I do is take some Address labels with me with all the info on them and just quickly put them on the tags......saves some time....

If you dont have address labels use any label and make them out in advance.

Just peel and stick and head for the ship!!!

Lori

Way to go !!! you scored, there is always a Cruise Rep on the pier with the list of Names and Cabins, never hand over your items until they have the correct Cabin number on them, if not, you will see them at the Pursers office around 7pm that night.

Good Luck

How do you know you were upgraded?

I happened to log into carnival.com and noticed the picture of my cabin had changed to a balcony cabin. So then I went to the modify booking page (see "check room assignment" thread) and it had my new cabin number listed.

Archived