Don't knock CCL too much--(posted on RCI board originally)

gsb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Looking forward to the Adventure--wanted to try a voyager class ship.

It's our 4th RCI--my opinion only--CCL--much better entertainment--especially after dinner,- larger cabins,- food at least equal to RCI's with a better variety at lunchtime in the Lido. Unless you're old, tired, and bluehaired, I don't see how you could not enjoy a CCL cruise as much as any other lines'--especially on it's newer Spirit and Conquest class ships. We're booked on the new (this July) Liberty --out of Rome--Great itinerary and a new, fun ship to go with it. We did the Grandeur out of Rome (Greek Isles) July of 01.--Nice cruise, but just didn't have the same level of "fun" atmosphere on board.

I hope the Adventure turns my feelings around at least a little bit.One thing CCL is missing is the Meet and Mingle.

gsb

Mermoz 7/85-Baltic, Tropicale 3/94-So. Carib

Holiday4/95-So. Carib, Monarch 3/97-So.Carib

Inspiration 3/98 So. Carib,Fascination 3/99 So.Carib

Inspiration 12/99 So.Carib,Elation 3/00- Mex. Riviera

Destiny 3/01 So.Carib, Grandeur 6/01 Med-Gr Isles

Destiny 12/23/01 So.Car, Triumph 03/09/02 W.Carib

Legend 01/05/03 Ex.Carib,Radiance 03/08/03 So.Carib

Glory 01/03/04 W.Carib, Legend 03/28/04 So.Carib

Victory 09/18/04 NE/Canada Spirit 01/04/05 Mexico

Adventure of the Seas 03/27/05 So.Carib.,

Liberty 09/18/05-Med/Eur

til we explore the Adventure!

>til our Liberty liberty!

gsb

Mermoz 7/85-Baltic, Tropicale 3/94-So. Carib

Holiday4/95-So. Carib, Monarch 3/97-So.Carib

Inspiration 3/98 So. Carib,Fascination 3/99 So.Carib

Inspiration 12/99 So.Carib,Elation 3/00- Mex. Riviera

Destiny 3/01 So.Carib, Grandeur 6/01 Med-Gr Isles

Destiny 12/23/01 So.Car, Triumph 03/09/02 W.Carib

Legend 01/05/03 Ex.Carib,Radiance 03/08/03 So.Carib

Glory 01/03/04 W.Carib, Legend 03/28/04 So.Carib

Victory 09/18/04 NE/Canada Spirit 01/04/05 Mexico

Adventure of the Seas 03/27/05 So.Carib.,

Liberty 09/18/05-Med/Eur

til we explore the Adventure!

>til our Liberty liberty!

On this I have to agree with you. Although I have only taken 2 cruises to date, the first being on the Carnival Pride and the second on the Explorer of the Seas. My family loved the Pride and had a thoroughly great time. Figured hey, why not try RCL which was supposed to be a "better" line. Well unfortunately for us we while it was a nice ship...and we had a great time at the destinations, the line itself was a very big disappointment. Between the treatment of our children and the attitude of some (not all of) of the crew... I will take Carnival any time.

:) Hey, now, I am old, tired, and my hair would probably be blue if I had any, but DW and I still enjoy our CCL cruise every year!! We are currently booked for 09/18/05 on the Conquest and are counting the days:D Cruisin' is a state of mind!! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I actually saw a lot of old blue-haired people on my recent CCL cruise ;) Everyone in all age groups seemed to find a wayto have a great time, which to me says a lot about a cruise line... I actually did think that during the day there wasnt as much to do on CCL as I had remembered... still had a fabulous time though :)

I've been on RCCL & Carnival equal amount of times, and I find them both comparable.

Trying my first Princess cruise in Sept. Now that will be something different for me. I hope I like it as much as Carnival and RCCL. ;)

Have 2 CCL cruises under my belt, and 1 with NCL, over all, both are very good, I just felt that CCL had more things going on while onboard. I spoke/met several other cruisers that had also been on previous CCL ships, and they felt that way also.

Carnival is still #1 with us!!

Matt

Archived