Best for Family Cruising/Greece?

alj1208

We are interested in a cruise that would include several ports in Greece. We would be taking our DS, who will be 6 at the time of travel. Does anyone know which cruise line would be best? We originally wanted a Greek Islands-only cruise, but it doesn't look like any of the major cruise lines do Greece-only. Am I correct on that? Any and all tips and information are welcome. Is this doable with a 6-year-old?

I don't know when you're looking, but I've been looking for Europe for summer 2012 and I saw RCCL has a mostly Greece cruise that includes a stop at Ephesus in Turkey, which is an spectacular place to take kids, and awesome for adults too. I think all the other stops are in Greece, though it leaves out of Venice. I think it's completely do-able with a 6 year old. My girls were 5 on our Med cruise and we can't wait to go back.

Best,

Mia

We are going on an "all Greece cruise" this May with NCL Jade. The stops are: Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Katakolon (Olympia). Well the ship does leave from Venice but other than that all the ports are in Greece. :)

Can't wait! We have sailed with NCL previously when our DD was 1,5 years old (NCL Gem out of Barcelona) and it was a good fit for us (had an AB two bedroom suite). Now our DD will be almost 3 years old. :)

IMHO almost any cruise line will have a reasonable kids club in the summer, as to ports and activities depending on what you make of the excursion and your child's interest maturity any number of stops will work. I alway think about but never am the slave to what is "best" for the kids. Sometimes they are the priority and sometimes the vacation is about expanding their horizons.

I personally think 6 is so young it really matters less than say a tween or teen.

We are interested in a cruise that would include several ports in Greece. We would be taking our DS, who will be 6 at the time of travel. Does anyone know which cruise line would be best? We originally wanted a Greek Islands-only cruise, but it doesn't look like any of the major cruise lines do Greece-only. Am I correct on that? Any and all tips and information are welcome. Is this doable with a 6-year-old?

Bonjour,

When cruising to a place like Greece, the cruise line probably does not matter that much as you will have a port intensive cruise. I cruised to Greece last October, with my 7 yo DD and we had a blast! We were on the Splendour of the Seas -- small RCI ship with not much bells and whistles but the ports were great (Venice, Split, Corfu, Olympia, Mykonos, Athens) and the crew organized many great kid and family-friendly activities during the limited time we were on board.

RCI`s AO program is great on any cruise - IMHO so you cannot go wrong.

Greece is amazing...I hope to return with my dd some day!

Archived