early saver & upgrade ???

cruisinmeme

guess i should just call carnival, but thought i would ask you guys first. we are booked on triumph on empress deck, mid ship (deck 7), now the only deck available for early saver is deck 8, mid ship. the senior rate is 60.00 pp cheaper than the last price we paid for our deck 7. we are very happy with our cabin (been in the same cabin before) but if we were to get verandah (deck 8) for a total of 120.00 less for the two of us i would switch.

so do they do that? yes, we are early saver

if you booked ES rate and a higher category is showing cheaper then what you paid you are entitled to it.

Yes you could move--BUT be careful whats above you.

You do not want to be anywhere near that pizza kitchen or the ice cream machines which run 24 hours a day.

Categories aren't necessarily based on deck. If the cabin on Deck 8 is the same cat or higher than yours, and it's now lower than what you paid on ES rate, then you can get the obc and stay put or move up. And oh yeah, one of you in the cabin has to be a senior.

Categories aren't necessarily based on deck. If the cabin on Deck 8 is the same cat or higher than yours, and it's now lower than what you paid on ES rate, then you can get the obc and stay put or move up. And oh yeah, one of you in the cabin has to be a senior.

the people who proccess Early Saver Price Adjustment requests tell me that their policy on this is that you have to accept the upgrade to get the OBC (since they are doing this to free-up cheaper cabins). Having said this some posters have reported success keeping their cabin, most that I know of have been told they have to take the upgrade. So, don't be disappointed if they move you. ken

the people who proccess Early Saver Price Adjustment requests tell me that their policy on this is that you have to accept the upgrade to get the OBC (since they are doing this to free-up cheaper cabins). Having said this some posters have reported success keeping their cabin, most that I know of have been told they have to take the upgrade. So, don't be disappointed if they move you. ken

But then why on the ES form, does it give the option of check marking obc OR upgrade?

But then why on the ES form, does it give the option of check marking obc OR upgrade?

well i filled out the early saver form, cut my daughters hair, laid down took a nap and got online to find......... it had been approved and i have a 160.00 obc (?) thought it would be less......and yes, i checked obc, not upgrade and they still have my same cabin on the form they sent me. so hopefully no last second change.

gee glad i ask. the price had gone down for weeks, just not quiet this low. great....

thanks everyone

Archived