Star Princess -Rome Disembarkation Question

rambler-dhaka

We will be disembarking from the Star Princess in Cittavecchia (Rome). Can anyone tell me what are the transport options to get from Cittavecchia to central Rome ? How far is it and how much will it cost approximately.

Another question: The cruise schedule says the ship arrives at Cittavecchia (Rome) at 4AM. What time will disembark start and what is the latest time one can leave the ship? We will be staying with friends in Rome and don't want to arrive too early in the morning.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

We too are looking forward to hearing from past passengers. We were told dis-embarkation at 8 and have to be off by 9:30 am. I am sure Customs doesn't start working too early. Which cruise are you on?

We are on the Star Princess leaving Fort Lauderdale on May 3rd.

I am also on the Star May 3. Have you joined the roll call? There are many suggestions, info about the train and people looking to share rides into Rome.

Susan

We've disembarked in Rome, announced ship arrival time 4am, we had Princess transfer to the airport and met at 5:45 to be called off at 6, we went through the luggage area quickly and we were at the airport 7:15 ish.

I agree with others who recommended Rome Cabs, we used them several times in the past. Get a quote on the transfer and transfer plus some touring, they are great at wisking you from place to place.

Weused RomeInLimo for pick up at the pier to the airport and they were on time and got us to the airport quickly plus with 8 of us, it was only about $25 each. I am sure the same to the city or at least close. Also, we used them for private tours in three Italian cities and could not have been better. Have fun!!

We use the train, porter from pier to station 2 euros per case about a 5 min walk and then train into Termini station. Lovely trip through the countryside into central Rome.

We docked last year at 5 am and we didn't leave the ship till after 8am. Our choice, as we had no travel plans booked with Princess they left it up to us, but asked that we did depart before 10.30am. Good Luck

We used romecabs.com as well for our transportation. We shared with two other couples. We had pickup at the airport into the city and from the city to the port for a total of 80 euros per couple. I would rather use them than Princess transfers. You should be able to get some other couples to join you if you go to the thread on the roll call for your cruise.

We use the train, porter from pier to station 2 euros per case about a 5 min walk and then train into Termini station. Lovely trip through the countryside into central Rome.

We docked last year at 5 am and we didn't leave the ship till after 8am. Our choice, as we had no travel plans booked with Princess they left it up to us, but asked that we did depart before 10.30am. Good Luck

We are planning to take the train from port to FCO airport. What is the Porter that you are referring to from pier to Station? Is this a taxi from the pier to the train station? I understand they have shuttle buses to the outside gates, but we are thinking of getting a taxi. Could you clarify what you used to get to the train station? Also how much time did it take to get from the ship to the train station? thanks!!

Archived