Traveling with a booster seat

block

DD is just 4..we are cruising next week on NCL Jewel out of NY. We do not have to fly and are taking the train to NYC and a cab to the dock. While in Port Canaveral we are renting a car . I have decided after much thought that I WILL bring her booster seat. its small enough to carry with us and it will save 20 dollars renting one in FLA. and she can sit on it on the train ..cab ride and I figure it may be helpful during shows on the ship...Anyone else have any other pros or cons to my Idea ??

Its light weight and we only have one suitcase and a carry one so no big deal.

what are your thoughts....?

Everyone should bring their own seats, because they know how to use them properly. Just make sure you know how to adjust the shoulder belt position on your daughter, as this is the whole point of using a booster seat. You don't say if you're bringing a high back or low back, if it's a low back you may want to make sure it's one that has a shoulder belt positioner on it, as it may be fine in your vehicle but not the taxi.

Personally I put the booster in a duffel bag so I can get it in and out easily when needed, but it's still easy to carry. Our booster doesn't fit well into our big suitcases.

Why would you use it at the shows? DS2 was 3 when we last cruised and he just sat on our lap if he had an obstructed view.

DD is just 4..we are cruising next week on NCL Jewel out of NY. We do not have to fly and are taking the train to NYC and a cab to the dock. While in Port Canaveral we are renting a car . I have decided after much thought that I WILL bring her booster seat. its small enough to carry with us and it will save 20 dollars renting one in FLA. and she can sit on it on the train ..cab ride and I figure it may be helpful during shows on the ship...Anyone else have any other pros or cons to my Idea ??

Its light weight and we only have one suitcase and a carry one so no big deal.

what are your thoughts....?

I have that bag... I have a booster seat without a back ..it has a handle.

I would use it at shows possibly 'cause I don't want her sitting on my lap the whole time..

I wish that I had thought of that! I ended up with DD in my lap every show!

We are cruising in August and we are flying and renting a car, so we need car seats for our kids regardless. I've been planning on getting one of these for my 6 year old just for travel as soon as they are released in the US:

http://thecarseatlady.blogspot.com/2010/12/bubble-bum-most-innovative-backless.html

He normally rides in a high back booster, but the Bubble Bum will be great for travel.

Archived