Eastern or Western Carib. on Freedom

Hi all, we are trying to decide between the eastern and western carib. itineraries on the Freedom of the Seas. Eastern goes to Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Western goes to Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Would love your feedback. Thanks!

I have been to Grand Caymen and Cozumel, had a great time, and getting ready to try the Eastern route next month. Both are great itineraries. If you have never been to either, then just do some research and see what's more your style. I will say that you can do the Western stops on shorter cruises, so maybe go Eastern on the 7 day and save Western for a shorter & less expensive itinerary.

Hi all, we are trying to decide between the eastern and western carib. itineraries on the Freedom of the Seas. Eastern goes to Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Western goes to Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Would love your feedback. Thanks!

What part of the year if it's winter I would avoid CoCo Cay. Otherwise for snorkeling Western- Shopping Eastern. You cannot go wrong with either one. Book onboad for the one you did not pick!

Do both itineraries by doing a Back To Back Cruise.

What part of the year if it's winter I would avoid CoCo Cay. Otherwise for snorkeling Western- Shopping Eastern. You cannot go wrong with either one. Book onboad for the one you did not pick!

Hi FLACRUISER99,

We're debating the same, Western or Eastern for Freedom or Allure. Our 1st cruise was Oasis (Eastern), however, we want to take time to just enjoy the ship, but have never done Western either.

Is the reason to avoid Coco Cay in the winter due to rough waters (too cold) for snorkeling? We like to cruise in February.

TIA!

Hi FLACRUISER99,

We're debating the same, Western or Eastern for Freedom or Allure. Our 1st cruise was Oasis (Eastern), however, we want to take time to just enjoy the ship, but have never done Western either.

Is the reason to avoid Coco Cay in the winter due to rough waters (too cold) for snorkeling? We like to cruise in February.

TIA!

February cruising to CocoCay will be a crap shoot as to whether you will get to stop. I am betting about it is 50/50 whether you will get to stop due to high winds. The tenders do not operate in the higher seas.

If snorkling is your thing and you are going in Feb., I would suggest western.

Tim

Hi FLACRUISER99,

TIA!

February cruising to CocoCay will be a crap shoot as to whether you will get to stop. I am betting about it is 50/50 whether you will get to stop due to high winds. The tenders do not operate in the higher seas.

If snorkling is your thing and you are going in Feb., I would suggest western.

Tim

I agree 100% and on Allure you don't have to worry she wont go to CoCo. Don't get me wrong I really like CoCo just not in the winter.

As others have mentioned, you really cant go wrong on either itinerary.

For the private "islands", we like Labadee MUCH better than CocoCay. The scenery is nicer, the water is nicer...it's a wonderful beach day. There's always something interesting to do, or a nice beach to go to, on Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Jamaica is not my favorite place, however we've always taken an excursion either through the ship or with a private guide who is recommended on the ports of call board, and have had a great time in Jamaica.

On the Eastern itinerary, St Thomas and St Maarten are lovely.

Whichever you choose, you can always do the other route next time.

Archived