Alaska Cruises - July - Rhapsody of the Seas

Thinking of booking an Alaska cruise for the wife and I to celebrate our 20th Anniversary in 2012. What can I expect in July in Alaska weather wise and specifically ship features like the pools? Are they open air or covered? What is the temperature that time of year?

Any feedback on the ship would be great!

We've done Rhapsody to Alaska also, but it was about 6 years ago. We did a cruisetour and were in Alaska for 4th of July. I have to say it was one of the best vacations we've ever taken. Alaska is awesome!

We may have lucked out when we were there, as the weather was mild. It was in the mid 70's, except for Glacier Bay. That was cold!

The pools were open, but it was like a ghost town around them. You certainly won't have to worry about any chair hogs.

Have a wonderful cruise. You'll love Alaska

We did the Alaska on Rhapsody in 2009 (okay I am a Texas Rhapsody lover) and loved the ship loved the cruise, wish I could be on her this year again. The crew on the Rhapsody is the friendest on the seas. There are no specialty restaurants, no extra places to spend your money, but a wonderful ship.

My daughter and I were on the Rhapsody late July 2009. We packed for both cool and warm weather. We couldn't believe hot warm it actually got. Alaska was having a heat wave and temperatures reached 90+ degrees. Never wore a jacket, socks, scarves, etc. Just short sleeves, shorts or cropped pants and sandles. Check the weather report online a week before your cruise and pack accordingly. In all it was a wonderful cruise and yes the staff were very friendly.:)

We are doing this cruise this year and taking a variety of clothing with us. Plan on coming in a day early and leaving three days later. Can't wait.

p.s. So lucky we have a Jr. Suite AFT!!! and more so the price has gone up $1200 for both of us. Book as soon as you see it available.

Archived