Oasis of the Seas Review - 4/2-4/9 (LONG)

We stayed at the Marriott Renaissance on 17th Street and the bag was delivered there. This is our second time staying at the Renaissance and will probably be our last. The location can’t be beat, but I paid a pretty penny to stay there and the room condition was fine with the bathroom being poor. There was grime in the corners of the bathroom and it felt worn out and in desperate need of a renovation. There was rust around the tub drain. There was trash in the garbage in the room upon arrival, so I didn’t feel the room was really that clean. When we stayed there last year, I didn’t notice any issues, so either we got a really bad room or the quality has declined considerably.

Handed over the bags to the porter who blatantly told me to “take care of him” and we were on our way on.

Hi klove.. (Pretty sure we sailed together last year on the IOS.)

Thank you for your review. I'm bummed to hear about the Renaissance. I agonized over where to book and finally picked that hotel because the rates were good for the night before Easter and I wanted to be able to see the ship in the a.m. :):D I'm sure I'll survive one night. ;)

And that part about the porters gets under my skin! :mad: I have heard that before (but haven't experienced it personally) and sort of expect it but that doesn't mean its ok!

In any event, I'm glad you had a good time. We sail in less than two weeks on the Allure!

I just stayed at the Renaissance on 17th Street pre-cruise and I had a great experience.

Thank you for your review. I'm bummed to hear about the Renaissance. I agonized over where to book and finally picked that hotel because the rates were good for the night before Easter and I wanted to be able to see the ship in the a.m. :):D I'm sure I'll survive one night. ;)

And that part about the porters gets under my skin! :mad: I have heard that before (but haven't experienced it personally) and sort of expect it but that doesn't mean its ok!

In any event, I'm glad you had a good time. We sail in less than two weeks on the Allure!

Wonderful and informative review! Sailing Oasis in 60 days and absolutely can not wait. Having a copy of the Cruise Compass would be great and help tie up some lose ends on our daily itinerary. Would you recommend 'Jamaicaforaday'? I recently cancelled our private excursion to Dunn's River with another vendor because it's a hour away and I fear missing the ship. The tour package through 'Jamaicaforaday' seems a little closer and less risky.(?)

I do have the Compasses' date=' but I have a new printer and haven't used the scanner before. I can try to work at a bit tomorrow and see about posting them or emailing them out.[/quote']

Again, thank you for willing to try but now I'm feeling guilty and am sorry if I have caused you too much inconvenience. But CruisinBob from Mass, who was on your same sailing, has emailed me copies of the compasses.

So if you haven't done it and it's OK with you, after I prepare and upload the compasses to my server, I will post the links here later today.

I am so thankful to both CrusinBob and you that you were both willing to do this for fellow CC'ers. This along with your review and answering questions will help so many people to be able to make plans so we can make the most of our upcoming Oasis cruises.

Compasses , get your Oasis western compasses here!

And thanks again to OP and all the other great CC'ers who are paying it forward by sharing reviews, pictures, compasses, etc. with those of us who are waiting our turn to sail on Oasis of the Seas.

~ Judy

Happy sailing to all ~ Judy & Don (and Robbie :cool: )

Again, thank you for willing to try but now I'm feeling guilty and am sorry if I have caused you too much inconvenience. But CruisinBob from Mass, who was on your same sailing, has emailed me copies of the compasses.

So if you haven't done it and it's OK with you, after I prepare and upload the compasses to my server, I will post the links here later today.

I am so thankful to both CrusinBob and you that you were both willing to do this for fellow CC'ers. This along with your review and answering questions will help so many people to be able to make plans so we can make the most of our upcoming Oasis cruises.

No worries at all. I got swamped with regular life here and just wasn't able to get to it yet. So glad that CrusinBob was able to help out.

So Original Day 5 (scallop risotto & garlic shrimp) menu is on Day 3 and Original Day 6 (lobster) menu is on Day 5 and Original Day3 menu is on Day 6, is this correct? I want to make sure I make Chops reservation on the right night.

Not sure about the original Day 3 menu, but it would make sense. If you tell me what was it was, I can confirm if it was on Day 6.

Hey Mary! I definitely remember you from last year. As I said in my review, we didn't have any issues last year, so it is possible that we got a bad room. However, given what I paid and the possibility of this room, I probably won't select it again. Flannbarr said he had no issues, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Great Review! Thanks!

for the character breakfast, did you get to choose the characters ahead of time?

No we didn't know who would be there. My understanding is that they have different characters each day. If you are looking for one in particular, I would talk with them once you get on board.

Wonderful and informative review! Sailing Oasis in 60 days and absolutely can not wait. Having a copy of the Cruise Compass would be great and help tie up some lose ends on our daily itinerary. Would you recommend 'Jamaicaforaday'? I recently cancelled our private excursion to Dunn's River with another vendor because it's a hour away and I fear missing the ship. The tour package through 'Jamaicaforaday' seems a little closer and less risky.(?)

I definitely would recommend JamaicaForADay. They were very prompt in their responses and I had no issues with them. I was booked with a private vendor also, but when my husband couldn't be there, I decided cancel and stay a little closer to the ship.

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for your review. We are planning on being on the Allure this same week in 2 years.

Can I ask how the weather was? Was it super hot or ok? Was the ship comfortable? I keep hearing that it can get stuffy, especially in port.

Thank you! Katherine

• 1 month later...

I saw 2 different menus for the Seafood Shack. One had lobster tails for $18.00 and the other did not. One had a cover charge and one had separate charges. How does this restuarant operate. Which menu is the current menu? I really want lobster tails.

Archived