My world just shifted

Angelica1104

Not sure where you are in Ontario but we are from the Niagara area and it's only 8 hours from there to Baltimore. It's a great port!

I do no find it feasible with a 3 or 4 hour drive to the states to save on airfare with gas hotel and food it all adds up to the same price.. we have figured that out... maybe with a family of 4 it would work... and living in Canada we do not want to leave from a port as cold as us.. not considered a vacation.. we went out of NOLA Dec 2009 .. the 1st year in ages it ever snowed there.. worst vacay ever:p

I do no find it feasible with a 3 or 4 hour drive to the states to save on airfare with gas hotel and food it all adds up to the same price.. we have figured that out... maybe with a family of 4 it would work... and living in Canada we do not want to leave from a port as cold as us.. not considered a vacation.. we went out of NOLA Dec 2009 .. the 1st year in ages it ever snowed there.. worst vacay ever:p

No then, you must be much further north than we were, which is beautiful in it's own right. We used to vacay up there every summer til we moved to the States and discovered cruising. Carribean beaches trump Ontario beaches hands-down. :p

This has me a bit puzzled... I live in NJ, where I'm about 1.5 hours from NY, and 2 hours from Baltimore. And we're about 5.5 hours from Norfolk. How can you be only one hour farther from Norfolk than you are from NY? I should mention that I've always been a bit geographically impaired... :)

We live about an hour East of Pittsburgh. I guess the world shifting was a bit dramatic, which of course, DH says I can be. I was surprised that our OV for 9 days on RCI for the two of us end of January ended up costing 1500 from Baltimore. The Pride would have been about $1350 but would have been 2 days less and no Private Island or Key West.

TBH I would have preferred a 7 day Eastern or Western from Florida, but with the additional cost for airfare, transfers, and hotel to come in a day early we are saving about $600 and will be on the ship an extra couple days.

DH and I have enjoyed Carnival quite a bit over the years. All cruises are different, but we always remind each other as we embark that each ship is like a small town. Each cruise has it's own personality. I am sure we will enjoy RCI.

I just wanted to say kudos on a very dramatic thread title.

I have to agree! My goodness - there are world disasters and wars occurring and I think people affected by such disasters (justifiably) feel like their world just shifted.

We spend at least 1000 USD per person to fly from South Africa to do a Med cruise. Much more for Carib/Alaska. It is normal and we accept it as part of the expense. We love cruising so we have to budget for airfare too.

And really it is no issue to cruise with another cruiseline. We cruise on the line that gives the best deal. We've done RCL, Carnival, Celebrity, Princess and NCL and have never had a bad cruise.

Enjoy your RCL cruise OP! How many people would love to have this problem!

From your title "My World Just Shifted", I thought that something really serious happened. I would suggest that it represents just a little bit of exaggeration - or perhaps false advertising..

DON

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same. My heart dropped when I read the title. My world did shift last year and I thought something similar had happened to this poster. I was glad that it was truly was something trivial, although I also hate paying high air fares.

Archived