Ideas to surprise kids...

dixonfivecruise

We are booked to sail May 1st on the Splendor. We have already broke the news to the kids. This will be a 1st cruise for all of us. Mom, Dad, Kids ages 12/13/14. My question is however, We have not told them that we will be flying in to Long Beach. They have never flown before.

We thought about waiting until we arrive at the airport the morning of or putting tickets in their Easter baskets....But I am open to any ideas...Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Are they fine w/ the idea of flying? The reason I ask is I have ALWAYS been terrified of flying ever since I was like 7 or so. I am the type of person that would need to work up to the idea of flying. So you may want to give them a little warning.

You don't even really have "tickets" to put in the baskets, do you? Will the fact that they are flying be a fun surprise for them? You may want to make them up "survival" kits for the plane instead; their favorite snack, a new book, etc. Whatever would keep them busy on the flight.

Great idea. One year the Easter bunny came early because the Easter bunny knew we were taking a cruise. The Easter bunny filled the basket with fruit snacks, individual cans of Pringles potato chips, goggles for the pool and a snorkel plus the usual jelly beans and stuff. Card games aren't too good for the plane because they fall off the tray table. Same with crayons. But if you can get magnetic games they work well.

Just remember to save a little money for the gift shop on the cruise. They do serious damage in there.

Archived