4/3/11 sailing just off ship, quick review of the food-

Food was poor to amazing.

Pizza-Terrible

Buffet-Average

Burgers-Average

Desert-Poor

Burrito Bar-Poor

Room Service-Worse than high School cafeteria food

Secret Indian food Menu in the MDR as advised here on CC-AMAZING real Indian food, I am assuming the cooks are Indian because this was all real Indian food, not watered down. Sooooooo good. Do not miss out on this just make sure to ask for it!

cruise2011016.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cruise2011033.jpg

cruise2011036.jpg

cruise2011042.jpg

cruise2011043.jpg

cruise2011044.jpg

Bob, you need a better camera.

LOL. It's not a good thing when even chocolate cake looks bad. :p (Or when your iPhone4 takes photos like that - may want to get that checked out!)

OP, I'd be interested in hearing some specifics to go with the pics. Like, why didn't you like the pizza? I didn't like pizza on Spirit on one cruise because everything congealed within seconds - there was something iffy about the cheese. The next cruise on Spirit, the cheese wasn't an issue, although I still thought the crust was kind of dry and flavourless. But if you didn't like the pizza because, say, you love NY-style pizza and this wasn't NY-style, that's good to know. And so on.

While I love the "secret" Indian menu in the MDR, the last time we were on Splendor the Tandoori Grill was just awful. Not a drop of sauce/gravy in sight. The paneer was just pressed blocks of sawdust in my mouth. Have they changed it so there is actually some moisture? ;) I hope so - we'll be back on our beloved Splendor soon, and if we could have tasty Indian-on-demand, I don't see us getting back off!

LOL. It's not a good thing when even chocolate cake looks bad. :p (Or when your iPhone4 takes photos like that - may want to get that checked out!)

OP, I'd be interested in hearing some specifics to go with the pics. Like, why didn't you like the pizza? I didn't like pizza on Spirit on one cruise because everything congealed within seconds - there was something iffy about the cheese. The next cruise on Spirit, the cheese wasn't an issue, although I still thought the crust was kind of dry and flavourless. But if you didn't like the pizza because, say, you love NY-style pizza and this wasn't NY-style, that's good to know. And so on.

While I love the "secret" Indian menu in the MDR, the last time we were on Splendor the Tandoori Grill was just awful. Not a drop of sauce/gravy in sight. The paneer was just pressed blocks of sawdust in my mouth. Have they changed it so there is actually some moisture? ;) I hope so - we'll be back on our beloved Splendor soon, and if we could have tasty Indian-on-demand, I don't see us getting back off!

I must say.....most of it looks terrible. damn

Bob, thanks so much for your post and pictures my question is which night should we book the steakhouse for? I'd like to have one night just me and the wife (my folks will watch our three beloved daughters). I want to be with them for formal night so aside from that night which do you think I should book?

Can you tell us which of the indian food dishes you tried and what they were like? I keep hearing about these dishes but I have never tried any of them. I saw the list of items available but also saw several are "spicey"? I'm bored with the food offerings on several of the nights so having options other than the kids menu would be nice :)

Can you tell us which of the indian food dishes you tried and what they were like? I keep hearing about these dishes but I have never tried any of them. I saw the list of items available but also saw several are "spicey"? I'm bored with the food offerings on several of the nights so having options other than the kids menu would be nice :)

when ordering the Indian food in the MDR there was no menu. We asked the hostess the first night(must be 24hr in advance every night) and we asked for one meat dish and one veggie. So every night it was a surprise dish(some spicy some not) plus a bunch of Naan. Everything from aloo gobi, tandoori chicken, chicken curry, etc...

We met another couple on the last day of the cruise that somehow knew about the Indian menu as well and ordered it every single night because they enjoyed it so much. Only disappointment was no Indian appetizers or desert :(

1) Bad camera.

2) Pictures of half-eaten food always make the food look bad.

0-for-2.

Sorry about iphone camera and half eaten food- LOL

I tried to take pics of everything every time, but some times we drank too much beer before eating and forgot to take pics unit half way through :p

As far as some of that food looking bad, well the camera didn't lie. Some of the food on the ship was terrible(Pizza-cardboard crust, ketchup sauce, and fake tasting cheese, that was all undercooked)

again I can't praise the Indian food in the MDR enough.

forgot to also mention the premium CAFE, very good as well. Carrot cake, Cheese cake, and Coffee there were to die for. Worth the charge.

I dont think it is the camera, as I have an iPhone 3 and it takes waaaaaaay better pics than that. I think you were sooo angry about the food you were literally shaking when you took them.

Archived