questions on Zenith and Bermuda.

catmommy

Hi Everyone!

Boy these boards are a fountain of information. I've been reading and reading until my eyes are blurred. I do have some questions that I have not seem answered. I wondered if you could help me or point me where to look.

DH and I are on the Zenith to Bermuda on May 28th. We were in Bermuda last year with NCL on the Crown. We loved Bermuda.

I see that there is a Segway tour in St. George. Anyone try this one? I'm wanting to try but I'm a little scared. What do you think? Can a clumsy, but game, 42 year old do this? :D

Also DH wants to rent a scooter; he has ridden motorcycles all his life, but not in the last few years, and he thinks it will be no problem. I, or course, have read all the horror stories. Any comments?

Also there are two helmet driving excursions, which one should we do if we can only do one? One is Hartley's and I don't recall the name of the other.

My husband wants to snorkel but since I don't swim I'll be hanging out at the beach. What beaches have good snorkeling as well as rentals of beach chairs and umbrellas?

Is smoking a problem on the Zenith? I read a post where folks said the public areas were very smoky. Is there a list of smoking and non-smoking public areas.

Finally we are in cablin 6079. Any comments on that cabin? From the looks of it we are above the lobby atrium.

Thanks so much for any insight you can provide!

Carmommy

aka Caroline mom to 4 fur babies...

I would suggest going to the Bermuda board under "Ports of Call" and do a search for each of the questions you have as I'm pretty sure most of the topics have been covered. If you use the "Search" bar on the blue panel and just type in one or two key words, i.e. "Helmet Dive" or "Scooters" some posts should pop up. There certainly has been some heated discussion regarding scooters, and some great suggestions re snorkelling, although I don't think I've seen anything on Segways. Did you go to St. Georges on your last trip - it's not that large, so walking is a good way to see it, although Segways sound like fun.

We snorkelled at Tobacco Bay and the areas between it and the fort, also at the South Shore Beaches at Jobson's Cove and I think it was Church Bay. Not sure about the chair/umbrella rentals which you might be able to get at Tobacco Bay, and also at Horseshoe Bay.

We didn't find smoke to be too much of a problem on Zenith (and we are non-smokers) - I think they designate certain parts of the bars as smoking - maybe the port side?

I think you've picked an ideal time to go to Bermuda!

I did find what I wanted in the other forums. I guess I was too focused on the cruise line and thought that was all there was.

Thank you for pointing me, gently, in the right direction!

Of couse now I'll be up all night, again, reading posts! :)

Bye!

Catmommy

Archived