Beach Help Please

We'll be in St. Martin in less than 2 weeks. We had planned on spending the day shopping in Phillipsburg and the beach at Ever'thing Cool, BUT since EC will close at the end of May, we need new plans. Here's what we're looking for in a beach...now please don't bash me, but since our kids (boys ages 11 and 10 and daughter 11) will be with us, I would like to expose them to as little toplessness as possible and definitely no nudity. DH and I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but believe me, my kids would notice! Anyway, besides that, we'd also like a beach with lounges and a place to get a cold drink and something to eat and also a beach that didn't have a steep drop off in the water (as that makes Mom nervous). Which beach should we go to??? Thanks!!!

Triumph June 2004
Jubilee July 2002

Time till Triumph on 6/5 [img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Walk about half way down the boardwalk on Great Bay. At Sint Rose Beach Bar and Taloula Mango's the beach is okay. You can rent lounges and umbrellas. Tahoula Mango's has good food and drink. You're never going to get away from topless women, but Great Bay is just a tourist hangout for mostly cruisers so it'll be okay.

Otherwise, Dawn Beach would be fine. Some topless and little if any nudies.

Road TRIP! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Our family rented a car, shopped the morning and then took off on a road trip and checked out many of the beaches. Within a half hour we found a nice beach with a restaurant. We ate good food, then drove a little more until we found another quieter beach.

Our kids had a great time and enjoyed the drive as well as the different beaches. We never saw any full nudity, but there was at least one topless woman at every beach. We eventally just looked for great beaches and there are several. Get a book of St. Martin before you leave and it will help a lot.

Just make sure to give yourself at least an hour to get back because traffic can be heavy in the late afternoon.

The only beach you are guaranteed to see nude people is Orient Beach (because of the Clothing optional resort at the south end of the beach). There are also a couple of out of the way beaches where there may be nudity (I think Baie Rouge is one of them). So if you want to avoid nudity entirely - do not go to Orient Beach or Baie Rouge. Toplessness cannot be avoided entirely but generally speaking you would probably see less toplessness on the Dutch side - so you might want to go to the beach at Great Bay (near cruiseship dock or Little Bay. Dawn beach is also a possibility BUT the waves can be rough there. Anse Marcel (on the French side) is a pretty cove with quiet water (no nudity, some toplessness) BUT it is out of the way.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;2;1;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Until NCL SKY

Archived