Back to back cruise & tux rental

seaver

Hi All, Going on Allure in May for a back to back cruise and want to rent a tux on board for the two weeks. Has anyone done this ? And if so did they charge you for each week or the same rate for two weeks?.Called RCI and they said I would have to pay for each week.Hoping once I board I can talk to someone one on one that will only charge me the one week rate for both weeks.

Hi All, Going on Allure in May for a back to back cruise and want to rent a tux on board for the two weeks. Has anyone done this ? And if so did they charge you for each week or the same rate for two weeks?.Called RCI and they said I would have to pay for each week.Hoping once I board I can talk to someone one on one that will only charge me the one week rate for both weeks.

You can talk to someone on board but don't expect to be successful in getting them to waive a week's rental fee. Not sure why you think that they should. You probably won't be the only guest doing a back to back and the tux rental company is in business to make a profit, which they won't do if they give many two for one specials.

Perhaps a local tux rental shop will offer you a special rate but then you will have to pack and carry it with you.:)

:cool:Why not just buy one and be done with it. I got tired of renting one once a year. Buy one, get it out of the way, and save a lot of money in the long run:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

You can buy a tux fairly cheap. Here in Atlanta you can go to a Clothing warehouse store and get everything for under $200. Pays for itself very quickly.

I doubt they will let you carry over. I know that most of their sales systems are designed to close everything out at the end of each sailing.

:)

You can buy a tux fairly cheap. Here in Atlanta you can go to a Clothing warehouse store and get everything for under $200. Pays for itself very quickly.

I doubt they will let you carry over. I know that most of their sales systems are designed to close everything out at the end of each sailing.

OR, JC Pennys have resonable prices on TUX, shirts, the works. If you plan to cruise a few times it pays to buy

I am not sure about B2B cruise rental but I rent a tux because I don't have to buy it, clean it, or carry it. By renting I can usually travel in a carry on only.

Shak

I am not sure about B2B cruise rental but I rent a tux because I don't have to buy it, clean it, or carry it. By renting I can usually travel in a carry on only.

Shak

I agree 100 %

You can talk to someone on board but don't expect to be successful in getting them to waive a week's rental fee. Not sure why you think that they should. You probably won't be the only guest doing a back to back and the tux rental company is in business to make a profit, which they won't do if they give many two for one specials.

Perhaps a local tux rental shop will offer you a special rate but then you will have to pack and carry it with you.:)

I am only asking cause when I have been on 9,12 and 15 day cruises,I only pay what a 7 day cruise would cost.

I am only asking cause when I have been on 9,12 and 15 day cruises,I only pay what a 7 day cruise would cost.

I see where you are coming from but in this instance you are talking about two separate 7 night cruises and different rules apply.

The answer you are going to get is no. They have to close everything out at the end of the cruise for book keeping records, so you will have to rent another tux for the 2nd cruise.

Thanks for your option,I'll let you know what happens.

You are not able to do that. My DH and I have done B2B and we had to pay for both weeks.

Remember you are not renting from Royal Caribbean but a company who handles it. So they charge for the week. Royal Caribbean does not have a say in the matter.

The company is based out of Florida. We have had to pick up a tux for my DH because it was not one of there normal ports so they asked for us to pick it up, so we did. Very nice people.

You are not able to do that. My DH and I have done B2B and we had to pay for both weeks.

Remember you are not renting from Royal Caribbean but a company who handles it. So they charge for the week. Royal Caribbean does not have a say in the matter.

The company is based out of Florida. We have had to pick up a tux for my DH because it was not one of there normal ports so they asked for us to pick it up, so we did. Very nice people.

When did RCL change back to an outside rental company? Four years ago or so they stated to offer their own tux rental service instead of the outside company. I rented a tux last July and the rental forms were through RCL directly.

Shak

Shak

Archived