Can you tell me about Splendour of The Seas?

HI everyone - We are tentatively booked on Brilliance for April 17 . We are going to Houston for christmas and my sister suggested that perhaps we should trake a cruise out of Galveston on Dec 24 instead. We have been on BOS a few weeks ago and really loved it! I guess we would be killing two birds with one stone taking a cruise when we will be in Houston anyways instead of having to pay for airfare twice (if we cruise in April). Get what I mean?;)

So , I guess what I mean is - what do you think about Splendour?

Thanks!!

Dawn

Hi Dawn:

We went on Splendour Dec04, our first cruise, we loved it. The food was great, and the wait staff were wonderful. That being said, it is a very small ship. We saw the "big sisters" in port and decided to try them next, so we're booked on the Navigator. Our dining companions had many cruises between them and all were very happy with the Splendour. I hope this helps. Enjoy whatever you decide. JYL

Dawn,

DH & I were on the Splendour the last week of Feb. We loved it! Yes, it’s small in comparison to many of the other ships but there was plenty to do & we were very happy with the cruise & the ports we visited.

We have booked the Christmas cruise with our kids (19 & 21 by then). Ports are the same as in Feb but added Jamaica & 2 days to the cruise.

Patsy

..save the airfare..do the Splendour OTS. True it is smaller by comparison but is still 70,000 tons...which is plenty of room. As all RCI ships, it is very beautiful. No specialty restaurant, but plenty to do, and a nice itinerary.

Mitch

We're booked on the Splendour out of Galveston on December 24. Right now, there are 14 of us from Ontario-----all sort of related, in some round-about ways.

We'd love to have some more CANUCKS join us.

What part of Alberta?

Moonstoners

If you asked me to choose between the Brilliance and the Splendour I would have a hard time voting one or the other out of the running. We were on the Brilliance in Jan 2005 and rebooked her for Jan 2006. I would book the Splendour again if I didn't have the Brilliance cruise already booked. They are both wonderful ships, with great staffs. IMHO you can't go wrong with either ships.

Having sailed both ships, plus the Rhapsody, I am not sure that I want to book one of the Ulta Voyagers in future. Sometimes bigger isn't better......but since I haven't sailed bigger,I really shouldn't voice my opinion.

Archived