On the QV now

LadyL1

Sitting on the balcony on a beautiful spring day in Cobh, and getting near to the end of the voyage. We will be sad to leave this trip, albeit a very stormy crossing from Bermuda to Lisbon, and a few twists of drama to make it more interesting.

For those of you who are interested, I can report that the service has been wonderful and the food outstanding (we are not in the Grills). Also I am temporalily immobilised due to an accident just before the trip; the assistance that has been given by everyone has been done so with a smile. Nothing is too much trouble.

Perhaps the only slight disappointment we have is that we feel that the martinis in the Commodore club are not quite to their usual standard and one or two who serve there don't quite have the polish we have been accustomed to. However this does not stop us visiting most nights.;)The ambiance makes this a great venue.

If you are taking a trip on the QV in the near future, you have so much to look forward to, that I am you it will be a joy.

Sitting on the balcony on a beautiful spring day in Cobh, and getting near to the end of the voyage. We will be sad to leave this trip, albeit a very stormy crossing from Bermuda to Lisbon, and a few twists of drama to make it more interesting.

For those of you who are interested, I can report that the service has been wonderful and the food outstanding (we are not in the Grills). Also I am temporalily immobilised due to an accident just before the trip; the assistance that has been given by everyone has been done so with a smile. Nothing is too much trouble.

Perhaps the only slight disappointment we have is that we feel that the martinis in the Commodore club are not quite to their usual standard and one or two who serve there don't quite have the polish we have been accustomed to. However this does not stop us visiting most nights.;)The ambiance makes this a great venue.

If you are taking a trip on the QV in the near future, you have so much to look forward to, that I am you it will be a joy.

Hi LadyL...so glad to hear all has gone well for you and that pesky accident didn't slow your enjoyment of the trip. As we well know, all good things must come to an end.....I'll look forward to hear from you when you are home and settled in. Nice to hear positive comments, especially from one as well traveled on Cunard as you are. Enjoy the rest of your time then look forward to the next one.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

2011...North to Alaska!! A wilderness tour and cruise....sorry Cunard.

Someone just e-mailed me a link to a video on Youtube that was shot this morning of the QV entering the harbor in Cork. It looks like a beautiful day!

Please write more after your cruise. We board on May 22, and would like to read more.

Ilene

I get on as you get off, and will have to check out the Commodore Club.

We're relying on you! And you need to make sure your sample size of Dry Martinis is sufficiently robust! You can't form an opinion based on just one or two!:D

We're relying on you! And you need to make sure your sample size of Dry Martinis is sufficiently robust! You can't form an opinion based on just one or two!:D

I have always wanted to be involved in a scientific study, and I will therefore report back with my findings after empirical research.

Hi LadyL1, it was nice to meet you on board :) I agree the food and service were very good.

Our first ginger cosmo in the Commodore club was ok but not as good as the one I had on QM2 in November. The second one (not on the same day) was much better :)

It's good to hear things are improving, there has been plnety of room for improvement in both food and service. I was disheartened to hear recently from another passenger on the Victoria that things had gone from bad to worse in Brtiannia with several people sending food back for being cold.

I love Cunard but according to more and more people the quality seems to be slipping back further and further.

Hi LadyL1, it was nice to meet you on board :) I agree the food and service were very good.

Our first ginger cosmo in the Commodore club was ok but not as good as the one I had on QM2 in November. The second one (not on the same day) was much better :)

It was also a pleasure to meet you and your travelling companions. When you respect articles by posters on this forum, it is a privilege to meet them. Thank you for keeping the Roll Call up-to-date prior to the voyage, (and this one certainly had its memorable moments)!

My husband and I agree with you, that we think the martinis are better on the QM2. But that is no matter, the Homecoming voyage was excellent.

Enjoy your next cruise on the QE.

Regards

Archived