Dream Caribbean Crossing was a Dream

We returned on Saturday from the Dream Caribbean Crossing. I am so glad that we stayed with the Dream and didn't jump ship ( bad pun) and go onto the Destiny. Having been on the Destiny a couple of years ago, I have to say that the Dream wins hands down.

I wish that Thomson had told us beforehand that a reality TV show was taking place on the Cruise. For those of you with Sky TV, the show, called Showboaters will be broadcast later this year. Whilst they were not too intrusive, we had a few nights where a show was not being put on in the Broadway Theatre. On the night of the Cruise Crew show, they had the theatre until 10.30pm.

The Atlantic Ocean was like a millpond thank goodness. We did not go to La Romana, we had a sea day then went to Catalina Island. That was a fantastic day with a great beach BBQ, perfect weather and of course the film crew.

We had dinner each night in the Orion Restaurant where our waiters were Iing and Bernard. Our wine waiter was Jess. All three were fantastic. Thanks lads. We didn't eat in the Lido (previously called Andromeda) as we prefer Sirens for breakfast and lunch.

If I was to have any complaints it would be on the state of the towels. They have definitely passed their best by date. A lot of the sunbeds are broken and need replacing but we always found a sunbed on seadays. I wish Thomson would enforce the "No reserving of sunbed rule" though.

We didn't do any of the organised trips as we prefer to do our own thing but I thought they were reasonably priced.

We all got given a £50 credit only to get a letter the next day saying it was a computer glitch and would be removed from the final bill. There were a lot of unhappy people but we were not expecting any credit and were not surprised to find out it was a mistake.

Those of you due to go on the Dream, don't worry, ignore Watchdog, you will have a great time. We didn't smell sewage once and we were on Deck 6. Enjoy your hols, we did

We returned on Saturday from the Dream Caribbean Crossing. I am so glad that we stayed with the Dream and didn't jump ship ( bad pun) and go onto the Destiny. Having been on the Destiny a couple of years ago, I have to say that the Dream wins hands down.

I wish that Thomson had told us beforehand that a reality TV show was taking place on the Cruise. For those of you with Sky TV, the show, called Showboaters will be broadcast later this year. Whilst they were not too intrusive, we had a few nights where a show was not being put on in the Broadway Theatre. On the night of the Cruise Crew show, they had the theatre until 10.30pm.

The Atlantic Ocean was like a millpond thank goodness. We did not go to La Romana, we had a sea day then went to Catalina Island. That was a fantastic day with a great beach BBQ, perfect weather and of course the film crew.

We had dinner each night in the Orion Restaurant where our waiters were Iing and Bernard. Our wine waiter was Jess. All three were fantastic. Thanks lads. We didn't eat in the Lido (previously called Andromeda) as we prefer Sirens for breakfast and lunch.

If I was to have any complaints it would be on the state of the towels. They have definitely passed their best by date. A lot of the sunbeds are broken and need replacing but we always found a sunbed on seadays. I wish Thomson would enforce the "No reserving of sunbed rule" though.

We didn't do any of the organised trips as we prefer to do our own thing but I thought they were reasonably priced.

We all got given a £50 credit only to get a letter the next day saying it was a computer glitch and would be removed from the final bill. There were a lot of unhappy people but we were not expecting any credit and were not surprised to find out it was a mistake.

Those of you due to go on the Dream, don't worry, ignore Watchdog, you will have a great time. We didn't smell sewage once and we were on Deck 6. Enjoy your hols, we did

Hi

Glad to hear you had a great holiday. We are booked on the Dream on the 31st October for 13 nights. I note you were on deck 6, same as ourselves. We have booked an inside cabin and are looking to prebook our cabin number, not sure which one would be best. Any ideas? How were the entertainment team. Is Stephen Guy still on board, hope he will be in October as we have cruised twice on the Spirit when he was Cruise Director.

Sue

hi their i was on the dream and got back saturday, i had an awesome time to. hate the fact that there are still bad reviews. but then if theirs people out there that dont like the dream then theres more room for us lol.

Not sure about the inside cabins but i was in cabin number 6022 on deck 6, i find that i didnt hear the lifts and not many people walking pass. So could have layins when i wanted lol.

We were in Cabin 6100 which is an outsideplus cabin. Any inside cabin in that area would be good as it is midships and not too far from the stairs and the lifts. No noise from the engines or the entertainment if you want an early night!!

Stephen Guy and all the entertainment team with the exception of Naomi left on Saturday when we reach Palma. The new team were on board and ready to go. Both the Cruise Director and his assistant are called Paul but I don't remember their surnames.

You will have a great time

We were in Cabin 6100 which is an outsideplus cabin. Any inside cabin in that area would be good as it is midships and not too far from the stairs and the lifts. No noise from the engines or the entertainment if you want an early night!!

Stephen Guy and all the entertainment team with the exception of Naomi left on Saturday when we reach Palma. The new team were on board and ready to go. Both the Cruise Director and his assistant are called Paul but I don't remember their surnames.

hello, thanks for great review, we sail on the 23rd april in an outside plus 5/6, so it was very reassuring to read your comments. did you ever eat in the grill, and if so was it worth it, and did they offer any early booking deals for the grill? you know that first day when they want to sell you everything. also is the captain the same for the med or is there a change? sorry to go on just so excited mixed with slight worry{thanks watchdog} so its just great to speak to someone with no axe to grind, so thanks once again canerygirl

canerygirl

My tuppence worth

Can`t comment on the grill personally as we never went but can say the 5 course meals in the waiter served Orion are excellent and no supplement.Speaking to fellow passengers when we were onboard last year,some thought the Grill was excellent,others thought it wasn`t worth the supplement considering the quality of the food in the Orion.Each to there own though

Hi, great that you had a good time onboard. It is so good to hear positive comments and people are really enjoying themselves.

The Grill is definitely worth it. Not only is the food outstanding, the ambiance of dinning in a small area with a select few is a lovely feeling. The Grill does get booked up so you can either go to Reception or I think they have a table & waiter outside the Lido Restaurant on Deck 9 where you can view the menu and reserve a table.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the info and advise re the cabin. My hubby not a good sailor so somewhere midship would be best :o. Shame Stephen and his gang have now left, we will have to wait and see and hope the team are as good ;). We sail from Palma in October then fly home from Tenerife as the Dream will then relocate to the Caribbean, so whoever is on board re the entertainment team will then be sailing to a warmer climate :cool: !!! Having said that all the entertainment team on the Spirit and Destiny have been fab.

Excited already :eek: .

No Canarygirl we didn't eat in the Grill this time as the menu didn't seem worth the extra charge. It wasn't a lot different from the Orion menu on some nights. The Captain is the same one for the Med. It is just the Thomson Entertainment Team that have left including Stephen Guy. Ignore all the bad comments, you will have a great time.:D

Hi Chaffesbird

Our party of 6 going first week in June and booked 6100, 6106 and 6108. Any other info on these outside plus cabins please. Hopefully all good but if there was anything you were not happy about better forewarned!

TJ

Hopefully a short on land holiday then back on the Dream

I think he's off for a month or two - he gets married in July and I beleive he was having a reasonably long break prior to the date. Not absolutely certain of that although definite about the wedding (as of January when he was happily telling passengers on the Dream). So it could be we don't see him back until later this season. :( But I'm sure we all wish him and Sam every happiness - and we look forward to seeing them both on board before too long. ;)

I think he's off for a month or two - he gets married in July

Mmm,not much chance of seeing him onboard in June then :(

But I'm sure we all wish him and Sam every happiness - and we look forward to seeing them both on board before too long

here,here

Hi Chaffesbird

Our party of 6 going first week in June and booked 6100, 6106 and 6108. Any other info on these outside plus cabins please. Hopefully all good but if there was anything you were not happy about better forewarned!

TJ

We took extra hangers with us as there never seem to be enough.. Of course we left them behind. Would be interested to know if they are still there when you go.

The shower was one of the best we have had. Our cabin steward was Ronaldo. He made us a lot of towel animals. Don't forget to ask him to get you ice everyday if, like us, you like a tipple while getting ready in the evening. We heard from some people that they were filling up their bottles every morning with the melted ice water before going out to save buying bottled water. Air con worked fine and the bed was nice and comfy. The only niggle I have is with the state of the towels. Hopefully they will be replaced before you go. The cabin is in a great location. Turn left out of the cabin to the stairs and you are 2 flights away from the Orion Restaurant, turn right to the other stairs and yoy are nicely placed for both the Lido and Sirens Restaurant.

If you need any more info let me know. I am sure you will all have a great time.:D

We took extra hangers with us as there never seem to be enough.. Of course we left them behind. Would be interested to know if they are still there when you go.

The shower was one of the best we have had. Our cabin steward was Ronaldo. He made us a lot of towel animals. Don't forget to ask him to get you ice everyday if, like us, you like a tipple while getting ready in the evening. We heard from some people that they were filling up their bottles every morning with the melted ice water before going out to save buying bottled water. Air con worked fine and the bed was nice and comfy. The only niggle I have is with the state of the towels. Hopefully they will be replaced before you go. The cabin is in a great location. Turn left out of the cabin to the stairs and you are 2 flights away from the Orion Restaurant, turn right to the other stairs and yoy are nicely placed for both the Lido and Sirens Restaurant.

If you need any more info let me know. I am sure you will all have a great time.:D

Thanks for the info really helpful. Yes we do like a snifter before dinner so will ask Ronaldo about the ice. Cant say I could be bothered about the melted iced water, dont mind paying for the bottled stuff but everyone to their own. Some cruisers seem to prefer Sirens for breakfast/ lunch as its not so crowded, whats your view? Must admit I do like to be served for dinner so will probably stick with Orion but I guess we gotta try them all before we decide

TJ

We didn't bother with the ice water bit. A 1.5L bottle was only £1.75. We eat breakfast mostly in Sirens. The Lido was too much like a canteen for us. We had the odd breakfast and lunch in Orion and always had dinner there at the same table. Like you, we like being served for dinner

We didn't bother with the ice water bit. A 1.5L bottle was only £1.75. We eat breakfast mostly in Sirens. The Lido was too much like a canteen for us. We had the odd breakfast and lunch in Orion and always had dinner there at the same table. Like you, we like being served for dinner

My thoughts also so thanks for that info

Archived