Free wireless service in port???

EileenN

I was told by someone that she is able to use her wireless computer at no cost from wireless sites on land while in port. Has anyone been able to do so? We have a cabin on the front of the ship and it would be great to be able to contact family. We will be in St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, and St. Marteen. Any Ideas?

On some cruises while in port I have seen crew members outside with their laptops

connecting to free wifi. They usually have their laptops sitting on a railing or some

other inconspicuous flat area. For passengers though it might be possible to get an

outside table around the pool or something and do the same thing.

Thanks, since our balcony is in the front of the ship and we come back to the ship early most evenings, I thought it would be an advantage, especially with the ports we are going to.

My husband sat out on deck all the time using internet when we were in port on our last cruise. Granted we were in Hawaii so services may have been better other 3rd world ports one may go to. I guess it would depend on if you could find a free wifi signal. ( He has an aircard with his lap top so just needed a verizon signal. It was not a prolblem for him.)

Archived