Cave Tubing Photos

2FromTN

We just got back from our cruise on the Splendour of the Seas and did Cave Tubing in Belize. We had a great time and did our tour through Reg Tours. If you want to check out a few photos, you can go to our website at http://cruising.thestansfields.com/ and then click on the 'Splendour of the Seas' link under photos. If you don't care about the ship or the other ports we visited, you can get to the cave tubing photos by clicking on '5' in the lower right corner of the photos section. Post or email me (from the website) if you have any questions.

I have a 4 MP Olympus digital (the photos on the website are resized down from the originals). I purchased one of those camera bags (~$20) and put the camera in the bag while we were getting in the water and for the little rapids they have on the river. While in the cave and kicking back on the tube, I took it out of the bag and snapped the photos. Originally I was going to leave it in the bag and take the pictures but when I did that, they weren't turning out too good so I took a gamble by taking it out of the bag.

Steve

Thanks for sharing your photos, those are the first I have seen taken inside the caves! We are leaving in about 3 weeks on the Coral Princess and are reserved for Cave Tubing with Wet N Wild in Belize. I am really looking forward to it.

My husband gave me a Canon Elf Digital Camera with the underwater casing for my birthday. We got really great underwater photos on our November cruise with the camera, so I hope I can get good ones in Belize also. I don't have to worry about the camera getting wet and it even floats!!

I've read some negative reviews about cave tubing lately - saying the water is really low and you have to do a lot of paddling. It looks like you guys had a great time - so I'm not letting the negative reports put a damper on my plans!

Thanks again for posting the photos. It looks absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your photos, those are the first I have seen taken inside the caves! We are leaving in about 3 weeks on the Coral Princess and are reserved for Cave Tubing with Wet N Wild in Belize. I am really looking forward to it.

My husband gave me a Canon Elf Digital Camera with the underwater casing for my birthday. We got really great underwater photos on our November cruise with the camera, so I hope I can get good ones in Belize also. I don't have to worry about the camera getting wet and it even floats!!

I've read some negative reviews about cave tubing lately - saying the water is really low and you have to do a lot of paddling. It looks like you guys had a great time - so I'm not letting the negative reports put a damper on my plans!

Thanks again for posting the photos. It looks absolutely beautiful!

Your camera should work great. The water was a little low but that's because this is their dry season. They got a little rain the day before we went so the water was a little higher. There were still a few places where you have to listen to your guide when he says "butts up". Overall it was still one of the highlights of our trip.

Archived