Which do you prefer and why? Grand Turk , HMC , Freeport?

TRAVELDUS

Like BeccaBecca and deeluvs2cruise said, 99% will say HMC. It is by far the nicest beach and the most relaxing. Great food and blue blue blue water!

Grand Turk has some nice historical sites. You can a shuttle train to take you around the island.

Freeport is one of my least favorite ports.

We LOVE Grand Turk (Jacks Shack) and really like HMC...Freeport, I wouldn't get off the boat. I have said it before and I will say it again.....I wouldn't take a FREE trip to Freeport.....Enjoy the pool and the ship that day. Just MHO

I love HMC and Grand Turk both, they are good for different reasons. I'd love to take a stay-there vacation to GT, love it that much. The fact that people say "there's nothing there" is a big selling point for me. Simple unspoiled caribbean is something I haven't experienced very often.

Can't speak to Freeport as I've never been. But wasn't impressed with Nassau at all.

HMC wins handsdown for the dreamy beach & blue water but Grand Turk isint far behind BUT Grand Turk has better snorkling & historic places! Maybe im easy to please or a BEACH JUNKIE BUT even Freeport(not my fav. port by far) has good beaches but they need a cab ride to get there! YES the port is ugly, but it will be your 1st cruise why not explore Freeport & find a nice BEACH to lay on!!!!! I know everybody says Freeport sucks but a beach with warm blue water beats being at my desk but thats my opinion!!! Have a great cruise you will love the cruise ship & ports!!

I know everybody says Freeport sucks but a beach with warm blue water beats being at my desk but thats my opinion!!! Have a great cruise you will love the cruise ship & ports!!
I read all the lousy reviews of Freeport before we sailed last year and I was pleasantly surprised. No, there's nothing at the port. It's an industrial area. (Of course, I'm a boat nerd so industrial ports don't bother me at all.:p) We went to Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef - they ran a shuttle from the pier and brought us back to the pier at the end. I loved snorkeling there - even though I stayed inside the reef, there was plenty to see and the snorkeling was easy. I'd have no problem going to Freeport again.

However, HMC is the definite standout of the three ports OP listed. Beautiful beach, great swimming. Aside from having to tender, it's no muss, no fuss.

Grand Turk - I don't care for the beach at the cruise port. It was crowded and the water was murky. We walked down the beach to Jack's Shack - not crowded, the water was nice, and Jack makes a mean rum punch.;)

I read all the lousy reviews of Freeport before we sailed last year and I was pleasantly surprised. No, there's nothing at the port. It's an industrial area. (Of course, I'm a boat nerd so industrial ports don't bother me at all.:p) We went to Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef - they ran a shuttle from the pier and brought us back to the pier at the end. I loved snorkeling there - even though I stayed inside the reef, there was plenty to see and the snorkeling was easy. I'd have no problem going to Freeport again.

However, HMC is the definite standout of the three ports OP listed. Beautiful beach, great swimming. Aside from having to tender, it's no muss, no fuss.

Grand Turk - I don't care for the beach at the cruise port. It was crowded and the water was murky. We walked down the beach to Jack's Shack - not crowded, the water was nice, and Jack makes a mean rum punch.;)

Exactly I take the negative Freeport reviews like a grain of salt! They do have nice beaches & good snorkling guess im a glass 1/2 full kind of guy! YES Jack & his wife make a mean rum punch & they use that rum that starts with a "B"(sorry its a long word) brand of rum made on Grand Turk & if you go to his website there is a free shot of that rum you can print out :D

YES Jack & his wife make a mean rum punch & they use that rum that starts with a "B"(sorry its a long word) brand of rum made on Grand Turk & if you go to his website there is a free shot of that rum you can print out :D
Bambarra Rum - I liked it so much I bought a bottle at the duty-free shop. Maybe two bottles come back with us next time!

Wow! I am a happy cruiser right now. I am almost in double digits going to HMC and Grand Turk and SOOOO looking forward to both. We are also going to Nassau but sounds like Grand Turk and HMC are the winners on this trip.

We were in Grand Cayman last year - that was awesome!

Karen

GRAND TURK!!! and if your looking for a great excursion- get the cabana from margaritaville! it was amazing. waiter service for drinks and food. swim up bars. it was awesome! (you have to enjoy drinking and having fun to go here. its not for the uptight) i wish the miracle would have skipped san juan and spent 2 days there. it was beautiful and will def book another cruise just because it goes to grand turk!

(can you tell we loved it there?:p)

Love GT.....spent my entire time in the pool.............it was glorious. DD & her DH rented a dune buggy and saw the island - had a great time.

We enjoyed Freeport.....spent time at the beach - great waves.

Never been to HMC.

Archived