Costa Maya (Tapas) Photos

2FromTN

We just got back from our cruise on the Splendour of the Seas and went into Mahahual while we were there. When we got into the town, we planted ourselfs down on the beach in front of Tapas Bar. We ordered a few drinks and had lunch there. If you want to check out a few photos, you can go to our website at http://cruising.thestansfields.com/ and then click on the 'Splendour of the Seas' link under photos. If you don't care about the ship or the other ports we visited, you can get to the Costa Maya photos by clicking on '4' in the lower right corner of the photos section. Post or email me (from the website) if you have any questions.

2FromTN:

What kind of camera did you use in the caves? Yours are the first I've seen inside with a flash.Great pictures thanks for sharing

Thank You

I have an Olympus 4MP digital camera. I bought a waterproof camera bag for about $20 and kept it in the camera bag till we got situated on the tubes. Then when we were in the caves, I took it out of the bag.

2fromTN - Thanks for posting the pictures! They are great! We're on the Splendour April 2nd, same itinerary. We are cave tubing with Reggie too! Six of us made reservations, I wonder if there will be others, since your group was so small.

Were your formal nights Sunday and Wednesday (Belize)? Did you spend time at both Tapa's in town and the Beach with the swim up bar/saltwater pool? If you went again what would you want to do that you didn't get a chance to do??? How early did you board the ship, looks like you were alone in the dining room and that there were not alot of people around yet. Looks like you had a great time.

2fromTN - Thanks for posting the pictures! They are great! We're on the Splendour April 2nd, same itinerary. We are cave tubing with Reggie too! Six of us made reservations, I wonder if there will be others, since your group was so small.

Were your formal nights Sunday and Wednesday (Belize)? Did you spend time at both Tapa's in town and the Beach with the swim up bar/saltwater pool? If you went again what would you want to do that you didn't get a chance to do??? How early did you board the ship, looks like you were alone in the dining room and that there were not alot of people around yet. Looks like you had a great time.

Reggie had 2 vans on the day we went and both held 14 people. We got in early so the other van waited while we left.

Yes, the formal nights were Sunday and Wednesday.

We did Tapas till about 2:00 then we grabbed a taxi back to the pier ($2 each) and spent some time at the shopping area. We did not spend any time by the pools at the peir but they looked pretty nice.

WHEN (not if) we go again, I would probably do more snorkeling excursions. Although my wife just enjoyed sitting at the beach (Tapas & Paradise Beach) the snorkelling was not all that good. I really loved doing the excursion in Grand Caymen to the Coral Gardens and Stingray City.

We were able to board the ship around 11:30. Our flight got into Tampa around 9:00 so we were at the port around 10:00. We had the ship almost to ourselfs for an hour or so. Even when everyone was on board, we never really felt crowded.

Steve

2FromTN ~

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. My DH and I leave on Splendour in two weeks. It's his first cruise...I am so excited to see his reaction. I look forward to showing him your pics.

What company did you use for your stingray excursion? I am shopping around right now. I definitely want a small group! By the way...what camera were you using to take those pictures?

Thanks for the info!

2FromTN ~

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. My DH and I leave on Splendour in two weeks. It's his first cruise...I am so excited to see his reaction. I look forward to showing him your pics.

What company did you use for your stingray excursion? I am shopping around right now. I definitely want a small group! By the way...what camera were you using to take those pictures?

Thanks for the info!

We did our Stingray excursion with NativeWay. We did the Stingray City and Coral Gardens trip for $30 each. For the pictures, I had a 4MP Olympus digital camera which I had in a waterproof bag (~$20). They have someone come along and video everything underwater and give you the opportunity to purchase it at the end. We went ahead and bought it even though it was kind of expensive at $55 for a DVD. I should be getting it in a week or so and hope to put up a few clips on the web site.

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed reading about your cruise. Our cruise on the Splendor leaves 4-23-05, we're going with 2 other couples. I enjoyed your pictures. When you get your pricey DVD & view it, please let me know if you think it was a good deal & would you buy it again?? We will be doing the stingray excursion also. Haven't decided on who to use yet. I don't usually book through the cruise line for excursions. Looking forward to your future posts -> thanks for taking the time to do so.

Archived