disembarkation rules?

stroza

During disembarkation can anyone take there own luggage and get off the ship? My wife and I will be having a friend picking us up and I'm trying to figure out a time to tell them to be at the port. What is the earliest time you can leave the ship? Would it be worth waitting a while so not to be crowded as we get off? Or should we try to be the 1st ones off? We will be docking in red Hook Brooklyn on May 8th, does anyone know what the physical address is? so I can tell our friend!

Thanks for any info!!!

Here's a link to a page with information/directions to the pier -- it's very easy to find, although the traffic on the surrounding streets can be very slow-moving:

http://www.nycruise.com/dirBKN.html

If it were me, I wouldn't try to be one of the first off but would try the opposite and be later off, once the rush has subsided. That might be easier on your friend, too, unless they enjoy getting up at oh-dark-thirty: disembarkation can begin as early as 7am. Yikes. Instead, aim for a time around 9:30; you'll be one of the last groups off at that point and hopefully the worst of the taxi/limo congestion will have eased by then, too, making it easier for him to get into the port. Did I mention the traffic?!

Debarkation usually starts about 7:30am, but it depends on when the ship actually arrives and how long it takes for local authorities to clear it.

Unless you need to get somewhere quickly, I would not go in the first group. These are the people who are rushing somewhere (often an airport) and it is usually a mess. I would get in one of the last self debarkation groups. That way you can have a peaceful breakfast and then head home.

Archived