Booked Magic Suite 8032, anyone else sailed in this room? info please!!

sunflowergirl66

We were just in 8032 on the WBTA 9/18 - 10/2/10.

All the midship Cat Ts have a great layout. Lots of room, triple long verandah.

All the midship Cat Ts also have noise issues. We've also been in 8034 on the Magic and 8534 several times on the Wonder. I'd be lying if I said sometimes hubby and I didn't tease that we wished we'd brought along landmines to put in the ceiling of our state room. Lots of foot traffic above.

Concierge will visit you daily to see what you need and you will have treats left in your room. Concierge can arrange anything you want, really. Palo reservations, dinner in your cabin. Anything you want really. Concierge tips are now expected, and you can add them to your gratuity sheet.

When we sail out of NYC, we choose starboard side of the ship so we can enjoy the coast line and see the Statue of Liberty from our verandah.

Agreed that there were noise issues. Scraping of deck chairs overhead started fairly early each morning, and in the afternoon you could hear the distinctive sound of ping pong balls bouncing across the floor.

When we were in that room the concierge service was fantastic. They took care of Palo's for brunch, tea, and dinner, spa reservations, shore excursions, and more. They left little treats daily, and gave our son some arcade cards.

I have sailed in 8032 a few times on long cruises, its a Fantastic room, good size, and in a great location. 8032 is close to the Midship elevators, its one of only four mid ship Cat 3s that have a sideways layout hence larger feel and longer Verandah.

Its under Cove cafe so very good location, very quite, I find it so so surprising how people post and say there are any noise issues. I have sailed eight times on DCL in eight different locations on Deck 8, and never ever had any noise issues at all. I am a light sleeper, have good hearing and for example will here if my kids move, let alone get up, so i would hear deck noise. On some cruises, in Cat 4s we noticed pirate night as we came back from the party but by 10.30pm it was all quite. I see often people who 'haven't' cruised on deck 8, seem to post and think there is deck noise, this imho is totally untrue.

Concierge service was great, the room and deck was fantastic, no movement no vibration or noise, (lower decks have vibration near engines, or sea, and noise from clubs cinema, and entertainment districts.

It has a double bed, double sofa bed, a wall pull down murphy bed so sleeps up to 5, - a whilrpool tub, two restrooms, also a wet bar, two tvs one bosh sound system, rental of DVDs and board games. The long verandah is fantastic for taking in the views in your own space, or eating room service.

The majority of the "living" space in 8032 isn't under Cove Cafe but rather the open deck area where there are ping pong tables and deck chairs. I'm a fairly heavy sleeper, and was still woken up by the scraping noise as they dragged the deck chairs around to clean every morning.

The parts that are under the Cove Cafe (formerly the teen club) are the bathrooms and closet areas.

This is the 8032 Layout.

CAT3Midship.jpg

and deck plan location 8 vs 9, best reference points are elevators and stairs for comparisons. Note deck 9 has an overhang over deck 8, so extends further.

Magic89.png

Cove Cafe building is laid back a bit, with a walkway, but that area right up to the railings is all Cove Cafe, as you go through an entrance, marked Cove Cafe. Limited chairs in that area, the ones permanently located just outside the cove cafe building, the actual 'sun deck' chairs will be located further up at Quite Cove pool. There shouldn't be movement in that area.

From the layout of 8032, you will see 'master bed' would be located in the vicinity under cove cafe pool. IMHO.

After Cove Cafe the next public area on Deck 9, is where Hair braiding is undertaken, then the Ping pong which is further down and closer to the Goofy Pool. Running down by about 3/4 tables to next stack.

I'm with ducklite. Was in this specific room for 2 full weeks. We often take a break in the afternoon and retreat to the stateroom for a bit, and there was lots of noise then. Also early in the morning, as the WBTA turned the clocks back for 6 nights of the cruise and folks started getting up earlier and earlier. Lots of foot traffic. And I do believe that DCL knows this is a problem because there are no real heavy foot traffic areas above the suites on the Dream.

Not worried....in February we were on NCL Gem underneath the gym...the sound of weights and treadmills above us in the morning was fun...and we managed to get through it. I like the wider room and have heard great things about this room that's why I booked it....it's gonna be an awesome trip whatever room we have!!!! I heard the triple wide balconies are great too!!! :D

From the layout of 8032, you will see 'master bed' would be located in the vicinity under cove cafe pool. IMHO.

8032 is no where near the pool. Look at where the stairs line up and you'll see that it's under the ping pong tables and Cove cafe.

8032 is no where near the pool. Look at where the stairs line up and you'll see that it's under the ping pong tables and Cove cafe.

You are right, the master bedroom is no where near the Cove Cafe pool. Also if you notice the Elevator/stair area is wider on deck 8 than deck 9 so most of that area is under the Cove Cafe. A good portion of 8032 is underneath the deck area where chairs are being moved around and heavy foot traffic through out the day and night.

This is the 8032 Layout.

CAT3Midship.jpg

and deck plan location 8 vs 9, best reference points are elevators and stairs for comparisons. Note deck 9 has an overhang over deck 8, so extends further.

Magic89.png

Cove Cafe building is laid back a bit, with a walkway, but that area right up to the railings is all Cove Cafe, as you go through an entrance, marked Cove Cafe. Limited chairs in that area, the ones permanently located just outside the cove cafe building, the actual 'sun deck' chairs will be located further up at Quite Cove pool. There shouldn't be movement in that area.

After Cove Cafe the next public area on Deck 9, is where Hair braiding is undertaken, then the Ping pong which is further down and closer to the Goofy Pool. Running down by about 3/4 tables to next stack.

FYI- your diagram is incorrect. There are no sinks in the vanity area of the master bedroom. I'm surprised you haven't corrected it yet because I'm pretty sure someone pointed the error out when you posted this diagram on the Dis Boards.

Whatever it is....it will be better than being under the arcade as room 8532 is.....

Yes, we have been in that suite a number of times and the running, pounding footsteps as kids run in and out of the arcade was awful. But I must add, the more spacious layout of the mid-ship Cat. Ts almost make it worthwhile. ;)

On the Dream and Fantasy, they got it right in terms of suite location but they went backwards by getting rid of the larger 2 bedroom suite option and the layout of the new Cat. T is more open and less private than those on the Magic and Wonder.

You are right, the master bedroom is no where near the Cove Cafe pool. Also if you notice the Elevator/stair area is wider on deck 8 than deck 9 so most of that area is under the Cove Cafe. A good portion of 8032 is underneath the deck area where chairs are being moved around and heavy foot traffic through out the day and night.

FYI- your diagram is incorrect. There are no sinks in the vanity area of the master bedroom. I'm surprised you haven't corrected it yet because I'm pretty sure someone pointed the error out when you posted this diagram on the Dis Boards.

There are also not two sofas in the living room. There is a single sofa against the wall that joins 8034 and two chairs in front of the door to the balcony. There is also a small easy chair in the master bedroom, and that bed is a queen, not a double.

And not to nitpick, but the diagram shows the two doors to the verandah from the living/dining area, but not the third set from the bedroom. I'm not sure that poster has actually ever been in that cabin.

So is it a good room or not???????

I think it's a great room and I'd book it again despite the minor annoyances with the noise. The location is otherwise perfect, and the layout is terrific. Very spacious and roomy. Someplace I have the actual measurements of the various rooms in the cabin, I think they are on one of my external hard drives, if I have time later I'll try to dig them out for you.

My husband and I have toyed with the idea of doing a transatlantic at some point, and we'd love to do it in that exact cabin if we do.

I think it's much nicer to have the murphy bed in the living room, rather than the bedroom. I will have my 2 dd's (10 and 4) and they will be able to sleep in the same room.

It looks like a wonderful room. We sailed in a suite on NCL Gem this past February and I think we've been converted to suite living!!! ;)

So is it a good room or not???????

Yes, it's a great room. When sailing in a suite on the Magic or Wonder if we cannot get one of the mid ship Ts (8032, 8034,8532 or 8534), we will book two connecting cabins instead. The mid ship suites layout is so much more spacious and the triple length verandah is fantastic.

Archived