Soda package for young kids?

alcie

To the posters that apparently think I load my 6 year old up with soda on a daily basis or that I'm assisting in rotting her teeth, I think you misunderstood me. At home my children don't get soda, their juice is watered down and yes it is 100% juice (not fruit punch). My 3 yr old is not allowed soda at any time and the 6 year old can drink only non-caffeinated sodas at birthday parties or the rare dinner out. Also, none of us are overweight and we're all very active.

I'm new to cruising with kids and I thought you couldn't get other drinks outside of meals. I don't know if kids in AO can get their own fountain drinks. If they can then we probably won't be with the 6 year old every time she wants a drink, and if given the choice chances are she's going to choose the soda over water as most kids would. HOWEVER - if there's lemonade available she would choose that over soda any day. I realize this has just as much sugar as soda, if not more, but I would still prefer she drink this.

I didn't know lemonade was an option as a free drink in my original post. When I learned lemonade and regular milk are available between meals and that there's a fridge in our room I quickly realized I don't need the soda or juice package. Thank you to those who are providing helpful answers and not just assuming that my kids are consuming too many calories and have few cavity-free teeth remaining in their little mouths.

I can relate. At home my kids don't (or at least didn't) drink soda but we always got them a soda package. It was a special treat and I knew they would always be able to get a beverage. It turned out to be extremely convenient and well worth the cost.

I look at it this way. It probably wasn't the healthiest of options but isn't that what vacation is all about?

I really don't think one week of drinking soda will cause irreparable damage. My kids have done it for many, many cruises and are still very thin, fit and cavity free.

Op, I do not feel like you owe anyone an explanation on what you allow your children to drink, that is your own business.

On our last cruise I brought a cup with a lid and would mix several kinds of juice with ice and the drink would last me all day. I also brought some soda for the room so there was never a need to buy the soda card.

So I'm a great parent... get over it.

Not you again! I thought the moderators removing all your abusive posts yesterday might have got rid of you. Obviously not.

Let's be fair, if. You are a great parent most of us don't want to be! Do your kids still actually even. Talk to you?

I only wish mine could have achieved such greatness:rolleyes:

Oh well never mind hey ho.

Not you again! I thought the moderators removing all your abusive posts yesterday might have got rid of you. Obviously not.

Let's be fair, if. You are a great parent most of us don't want to be! Do your kids still actually even. Talk to you?

Oh so it was you who went all whiny and crying to the teacher was it? Many friends?

Oh well never mind hey ho.

Oh so it was you who went all whiny and crying to the teacher was it? Many friends?

Unfortunately no. They removed most of my posts aswell.

Notice you did not respond as to whether your kids still talk to you though.

Did you used to steal their Christmas presents aswell as their Easter eggs?

What a perfect parent you are!

Unfortunately no. They removed most of my posts aswell.

Notice you did not respond as to whether your kids still talk to you though.

Did you used to steal their Christmas presents aswell as their Easter eggs?

What a perfect parent you are!

If you want to let your 2 and 3 year old get sick on 8 large easter eggs each that's up to you, but I chose to be a sensible parent. Everything in moderation. Of course my kids talk to me and they love me also for their beautiful teeth. I can't help being perfect can I? Someone has to be.

If you want to let your 2 and 3 year old get sick on 8 large easter eggs each that's up to you, but I chose to be a sensible parent. Everything in moderation. Of course my kids talk to me and they love me also for their beautiful teeth. I can't help being perfect can I? Someone has to be.

Do you honestly believe that stealing your children's presents that your own relatives have given them makes you a good parent?

In my eyes it makes you a thief and a very sad one at that!

As far as I know, canned sodas are available at pretty much any bar. If you don't have a soda package and are paying for each soda, you will get cans when you order.

What's the price per can? Is it the same price everywhere on the ship?

Do you honestly believe that stealing your children's presents that your own relatives have given them makes you a good parent?

In my eyes it makes you a thief and a very sad one at that!

I didn't steal their presents, I prevented them from having rotten teeth and sugar overload lol. I can't help it if you have to justify being a bad parent by trying to tear me down. Still if it makes you happy I can take it as well as dish it.

I don't regret binning nearly 16 large chocolate eggs :D and no I didn't *steal* their Christmas presents lol. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh and by the way, the quote of in your eyes that makes me.... etc, meh I couldn't care less what your opinion of me is, I was and am a fantastic parent and I know it :D

I didn't steal their presents, I prevented them from having rotten teeth and sugar overload lol. I can't help it if you have to justify being a bad parent by trying to tear me down. Still if it makes you happy I can take it as well as dish it.

I don't regret binning nearly 16 large chocolate eggs :D and no I didn't *steal* their Christmas presents lol. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh and by the way, the quote of in your eyes that makes me.... etc, meh I couldn't care less what your opinion of me is, I was and am a fantastic parent and I know it :D

a big round of applause for you then.

What's the price per can? Is it the same price everywhere on the ship?

I really don't pay much attention to individual prices while on a cruise, but I want to say canned sodas are maybe 1.95? Not sure if that is before or after the 15% gratuity that is added to every bar drink or not, but I think before. The price is pretty uniform ship-wide.

Archived