diving restrictions and gear

maxwebr

I am planning on doing some diving on my upcoming cruise, though I am a adv cert diver, I have not done any diving for several years. On the web site they say bring log book to prove you have dived within the last 2 years. How strick are they with this?

Also they mention they have all the equipment needed, but I have experience before that I am more comfortable with my own dive gear. Just want to know if they have a place to store gear if you bring your own. Or do I need too?

Thanks!

I have not been on board since 2008, however I think Dominique & co. are still there running the dive program. I do not think you will have a problem, they are fairly reasonable. I was certified a long time ago, so they suggested I do a brief review with them on the deck and in the pool to show them I was OK. I don't think they will ask you to do this.

The equipment was fine for me but I understand hard core divers preference for their equipment. They will keep it for you in the marina so you don't have to worry about it unless you want to. The last time I was on board there was a family from Canada that all had equipment and the marina staff handled it for them.

I am booked on the November 5 cruise and will probably do 1 or 2 dives depending on the other excursions we decide on. The diving from the ship is convenient since you leave right from the Marina on zodiacs and get back early so you can still do shore excursions.

Have a great time!

Archived