QM2 8/22/11 Anyone joining us?

myjillian

QM2 on Aug 22.2011 Are we alone?

We will be taking QM2 to Southhampton , then flying to CPH to board Emerald Princess Baltic B2B on Aug.31. Any tips for getting from port to CPH outside of flying..We've done over 8 TAs, but first time on QM2...is it really as formal as the site looks??? Any insite to what to expect onboard?

We will be taking QM2 to Southhampton , then flying to CPH to board Emerald Princess Baltic B2B on Aug.31. Any tips for getting from port to CPH outside of flying..We've done over 8 TAs, but first time on QM2...is it really as formal as the site looks??? Any insite to what to expect onboard?

You are best advised to post this on the roll call site here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1307865

There are 5 formal nights.The first night and last night out the dress code is elegant casual.I am also booked for this crossing. Regards,Jerry

There are 5 formal nights.The first night and last night out the dress code is elegant casual.I am also booked for this crossing. Regards,Jerry

Jerry, normally there would be four formals with a semi formal in the middle and the elegant casuals at the start and end.:)

Jerry, normally there would be four formals with a semi formal in the middle and the elegant casuals at the start and end.:)
Cap'n, according to Cunard voyage information in the voyage personalizer, the 5 nights between the first and last nights are formal with no semi-formal. Regards,Jerry

I take it that you are flying from the UK to Copenhagen, But what UK Airport are you flying from.

I take it that you are flying from the UK to Copenhagen, But what UK Airport are you flying from.

Well, I havn't planned that yet..hence this posting..inorder to get varied feedback;)

Well, I havn't planned that yet..hence this posting..inorder to get varied feedback;)

There is a ferry to Copenhagen from Harwich operated by DFDS, but it takes about 17 hours plus about 4 hours by train from Southampton with 3 changes. It doesn't sound too practical an option to me.

Have you tried Googling the Man in seat 61

Great site, thanks for the lead. However: I decided to fly into Ory from Southampton, spend a nite in Paris then onto CPH. If I had more time between ships...between the 29th and the 31st I would venture to be more adventurous:p

Archived