Big Brother is watching... and sometimes comments

monicajay

An opinion you don't try to foist on everyone else is just a passing fancy, an idle thought, a bit of sound without fury signifying nothing. And where better to foist an opinion than on a thread almost certainly to be read by people who make decisions?

Please get your "facts" straight. No Smoking in public places and No Smoking outdoors are two very different things. But' date=' I forget, you are constantly trying to foist you opinions on everyone else every chance you get.[/color']

PE

PE, when we were in Barbados last, that is exactly what they told us...NO SMOKING period.

That poster is not BS-ing you.....

I couldn't believe it myself.

On the boat tour we took however, the guys running the tour did allow smoking on the back of the boat.

PE, when we were in Barbados last, that is exactly what they told us...NO SMOKING period.

That poster is not BS-ing you.....

I couldn't believe it myself.

On the boat tour we took however, the guys running the tour did allow smoking on the back of the boat.

“No Smoking Barbados

From October 1st, 2010, Barbados will join those forward thinking countries in banning smoking in public places.

The ban covers rum-shops, bars, restaurants, hotels, other businesses, Government buildings and some places of “national significance” such as libraries and museums.

Senior Medical Officer, Chronic Diseases, Dr Kenneth George, detailed the penalties for non-compliance. He said there was a clear and simple definition of “public place”. “A public place is a place that has a permanent or temporary roof, that is either fully or substantially enclosed and to which the public has access. The definition clearly states that if the place has walls, doors or windows it will be considered to be an enclosed space.””

Ok Everyone all together now ........"Glory ...Glory Hallelujah.....etc." lol;)

It's a crusade and they would absolutely burst if they did not get their shots in as often as possible. :rolleyes:

PE

...and your point is what? :confused:

PE

It was the "Crusade" you mentioned in your post. My POINT IS that I totally agree with you , and as a result it made me burst into a tune that I thought was appropriate for the occasion ! Got it ? ....Don't lose it !:D:D

Just trying to bring some humour in, funny or not lol I think it's a hoot ;)

Back to the original thread comment...I think it is GREAT that NCL is monitoring this board. I think it will help them to communicate to their clients, and show they care about some of the concerns that we may or may not have. I've actually had them comment on a thread that I posted and it showed me they did care about my concerns!!! NCL offers a great cruise, nothing or no one is perfect and that is one thing we all should try to remember when we take our cruises no matter what line we choose. :)

“No Smoking Barbados

From October 1st, 2010, Barbados will join those forward thinking countries in banning smoking in public places.

The ban covers rum-shops, bars, restaurants, hotels, other businesses, Government buildings and some places of “national significance” such as libraries and museums.

Senior Medical Officer, Chronic Diseases, Dr Kenneth George, detailed the penalties for non-compliance. He said there was a clear and simple definition of “public place”. “A public place is a place that has a permanent or temporary roof, that is either fully or substantially enclosed and to which the public has access. The definition clearly states that if the place has walls, doors or windows it will be considered to be an enclosed space.””

I only know what the cruise director announced while we were docking and it was NO smoking in public...period...

It took me totally by surprise....and gave me another reason to want to live in Barbados ;)

Here is a full article: http://www.caribbean360.com/index.php/news/34849.html#axzz1JQisEmzn

It seems they are eventually aiming to be totally Tobacco free....I wonder if that is even possible? It would be amazing if it were.

As for the poster who would like for NCL to go non smoking, forget it. I think the majority of the crew would have to quit.

Archived