First night in Camp Carnival, Parents must stay till 10?

momonthego17

Maybe one of you parents will know the answer to my question: I want to take my DH to the Steakhouse ($30/person) the first night of the cruise. First we would take our DD's (9 & 11) to dinner on the Lido deck then take them to orientation for Camp Carnival. I printed out an activity schedule for Camp Carnival 9-11 years and it states that "a parent/guardian must be present until 10:00pm". When we have cruised on RCI we were able to leave the girls there on the first night after checking them in around 8:30. I know that babysitting fees apply after 10:00pm. Is it mandatory to stay after you have checked the kids in?

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help in advance!

I printed out an activity schedule for Camp Carnival 9-11 years and it states that "a parent/guardian must be present until 10:00pm". When we have cruised on RCI we were able to leave the girls there on the first night after checking them in around 8:30. I know that babysitting fees apply after 10:00pm. Is it mandatory to stay after you have checked the kids in?

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help in advance!

Are you certain you read this correctly? Could you post a link to where you found the activity schedule? We have used Camp Carnival on several cruises with our nieces and nephew. You have to attend the meeting the first night and pick them up by 10 p.m. unless they are staying for the "after hours" babysitting service.

I have no idea what the parents would do "with" their children until 10 p.m. The whole point of Camp Carnival is to give the kids a place to hang out away from their parents.

We called about this and were told, after our pvp had to get a supervisor, that Camp Carnival is NOT "open" for business, meaning you don't leave your kids the first night. It is open with activities for the family to do together though. Our first night is my DH birthday, but since CC isn't "open" for just kids, we had to switch our steakhouse night..... :(Sorry!

We were on the Inspiration in March and Camp Carnival was open the first night. They had a parent meeting after the muster drill then they had a Welcome aboard party at 7p.m and the parents had to be present until 7:45. After that they had activites for the kids until 10:00. After that babysitting fees kicked in.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise

Archived