Have you experienced major changes to your itinerary?

trina2

The extra day in Ashdod is gone. It is now one and a half days in Haifa. And one day in Ashdod. We had to eliminate the Massada/Dead Sea trip because Jerusalem is more important.:(

What cruise are you on? We are on the Nautica cruise, April 20, Dubai to Athens. Our new itinerary has 2 days Ashdod, 1 day Haifa. When we first booked over a year ago, we were going to port in Haifa for 2 days, Ashdod for 1 day. Then, due to an Israeli holiday, it was changed to 1 day Haifa, 1 day Ashdod (and we added a port in Egypt). Now, we are 1 day Haifa, 2 days Ashdod (and we have removed two ports in Egypt). We've also added a day in Kusadasi, Turkey.

I really like our new itinerary because my focus was Israel from the start. However, I can understand that a number of people are disappointed because they were really interested in Egypt. To offset our deleted two ports, we are going to the Rosecrucian Museum this afternoon---a long overdue visit.

We just completed the Amazon Adventure on Regatta, 24 days and a great trip in many ways. Great experiences. But, Oceania suffered from poor planning on the ports. I know there is occasionally a need to change ports, but on this trip, we simply didn't get what we paid for. As we boarded, we were informed we would stop at Port of Spain rather than Tobago. Not a fair trade. So we lost our private tour in Tobago. Then, Oceania didn't leave enough time to get to Santarem, one of the highlights of the Amazon. We arrived at 3 p.m. and lost half of our private tour there. Coming out of the Amazon, we skipped Devils Island altogether. High seas were cited. But the captain could have tried to land, or could have waited for several hours to see if the seas calmed. He didn't even give us an opportunity to take pictures. The trip ended with a day in Nassau, but in the original cruise pamphlet that was supposed to be Grand Turk. Again, not a fair trade, although we were told of it prior to cruising. We complained politely aboard ship, but the ship personnel didn't seem to grasp that they were not delivering what they promised. Now comes word of some problem with Insignia. I'm wondering if Oceania is slipping. John.

What cruise are you on? We are on the Nautica cruise, April 20, Dubai to Athens. Our new itinerary has 2 days Ashdod, 1 day Haifa. When we first booked over a year ago, we were going to port in Haifa for 2 days, Ashdod for 1 day. Then, due to an Israeli holiday, it was changed to 1 day Haifa, 1 day Ashdod (and we added a port in Egypt). Now, we are 1 day Haifa, 2 days Ashdod (and we have removed two ports in Egypt). We've also added a day in Kusadasi, Turkey.

I really like our new itinerary because my focus was Israel from the start. However, I can understand that a number of people are disappointed because they were really interested in Egypt. To offset our deleted two ports, we are going to the Rosecrucian Museum this afternoon---a long overdue visit.

We are on April 23 "Wonder of the Ancients" - Insignia. The half day in Haifa is attributed to mechancial problems. Can't it be fixed in one week?

We are on April 23 "Wonder of the Ancients" - Insignia. The half day in Haifa is attributed to mechanical problems. Can't it be fixed in one week?

Before anyone gets too up in arms about missing a few hours in a port, you might want to consider that if they do decide to do a "quick fix" and take the ship out of service, it might be your cruise that is effected.

Yes, you will get a refund, but I doubt that there would be many volunteers for that. Passengers who booked their air privately would be ruined.

Running the ship at reduced speed, seems like the better, fairer alternative.

Archived