Just back from the Jewel ...Ask me questions! :)

Hi! I just got back from a NY to Bahamas on the Jewel and had a great time. I wrote a review and you can view it here

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=81455

I'd also answer any questions anyone has about the Jewel or that route. :) I was a "lurker" on these boards a little before the cruise and found some of the info VERY helpful. Thank you all!!!!!

Anyone else sail on the Jewel 4/3-4/10???

Here are some pictures from the Cruise. Our room was the Ruby Penthouse #11506 and I got some pics of it in here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=96822&id=1654986336&l=0dcb2829e0

Great pictures!!!! My favorite is the kids sleeping on the lounge chairs in the Bahamas!

Very nice review. I will be there Sunday in an AB Suite with the kids.

I never knew that Suite guests get free rain ponchos....another perk to add to the list!

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for sharing, just finished reading your review. I love the pictures.

We are going to our first family cruise and we have a 6 yr old son (it was his idea to go on the cruise).

How was the Main dinning room kids meal (can you remember what they serve?)

So you highly recommend booking the clamshell in GSC?

Thanks

We were on the same cruise....

You commented on my "Not Review" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1396909

I read your review and it was spot on to some of the things that we expereinced.

I loved your pictures. I'm acutally in the Nickelodeon breakfast one with Diego (133 of 199)... I'm right behind him.

Great pictures!!!! My favorite is the kids sleeping on the lounge chairs in the Bahamas!

Very nice review. I will be there Sunday in an AB Suite with the kids.

I never knew that Suite guests get free rain ponchos....another perk to add to the list!

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks so much! Were they enjoying their vacation or what on those beach chairs??? :) OMG If you have Adrian, you will be in luck- he was GREAT! Yeah, I went over to buy some and Adrian grabbed two and said "Jyou don't pay for dese, no no" I picked up his super cute accent while with him. :)

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

We were on the same cruise....

You commented on my "Not Review" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1396909

I read your review and it was spot on to some of the things that we expereinced.

I loved your pictures. I'm acutally in the Nickelodeon breakfast one with Diego (133 of 199)... I'm right behind him.

Yes! Hi! I loved your "not Review"!! :) Thanks re: the pics! OMG you are! How funny! You were in a good spot there! I hope you got some good pics with the characters and your correct breakfast! LOL I wish I would have paid more attention to the roll calls before the sailing but I'm new to the site and missed it. Maybe next time. :)

Happy cruising! :)

Yes! Hi! I loved your "not Review"!! :) Thanks re: the pics! OMG you are! How funny! You were in a good spot there! I hope you got some good pics with the characters and your correct breakfast! LOL I wish I would have paid more attention to the roll calls before the sailing but I'm new to the site and missed it. Maybe next time. :)

Happy cruising! :)

Yes we got some nice pictures, though my camera was giving me fits this trip for some reason. My DS has/had no interest in them. But my daughter got pictures and "signatures" with each and everyone. it was weird how they routed the characters through the area.

How great was the "Washy Washy" woman?

Thanks so much! Were they enjoying their vacation or what on those beach chairs??? :) OMG If you have Adrian, you will be in luck- he was GREAT! Yeah, I went over to buy some and Adrian grabbed two and said "Jyou don't pay for dese, no no" I picked up his super cute accent while with him. :)

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

I LOVE ADRIAN...great review..we love the Jewel and ADRIAN!

Who was the cruise director? How was he/she?

Lisa

Dan "The Man" ????? I don't recall his last name I believe it started with an "O".

But since this is my first cruise and have nothing to compare him to so I can't say how he was. He did give out good information, and I believe he was recently on the Gem since he screwed up once saying he was on the Gem.

Yes we got some nice pictures, though my camera was giving me fits this trip for some reason. My DS has/had no interest in them. But my daughter got pictures and "signatures" with each and everyone. it was weird how they routed the characters through the area.

How great was the "Washy Washy" woman?

I had my HUGE Canon 60D with me and I should have just taken a point and shoot. :( Its impossible to use that thing with one hand! Those nick workers were not very organized. At least she got what she wanted your daughter. :)

Washy Washy lady is CLASSIC! LOL I wish I would have taken video of her, I could have probably made a mix of washy, washy that would go viral on youtube! :) My two year old is still saying 'washy, washy mommy?" I love it!

Where was your cabin?

Dan "The Man" ????? I don't recall his last name I believe it started with an "O".

But since this is my first cruise and have nothing to compare him to so I can't say how he was. He did give out good information, and I believe he was recently on the Gem since he screwed up once saying he was on the Gem.

Yup, it was Dan the Man" Dan Ollson. He was great. He was all over the ship and at every activity it seemed. He was very approachable and just plain friendly. My last cruise, I had no idea who the CD was so I guess Dan was a good one! :)

I had my HUGE Canon 60D with me and I should have just taken a point and shoot. :( Its impossible to use that thing with one hand! Those nick workers were not very organized. At least she got what she wanted your daughter. :)

Washy Washy lady is CLASSIC! LOL I wish I would have taken video of her, I could have probably made a mix of washy, washy that would go viral on youtube! :) My two year old is still saying 'washy, washy mommy?" I love it!

Where was your cabin?

@BradyClan- I'm a dingbat, don't answer any of my dumb questions. I see it in your review. :) DUR!

Glad you had a good time - when are you going again?

I hear rumors that the Jewel is coming to Seattle next year to do the AK cruises, so I'm sure we'll be sailing on her one of these times.

Hikini

Great review, we will be on the Jewel in a few weeks and can't wait! We were on the Gem a couple of years ago and when we boarded, everyone was greeted with a glass of champagne. I'm just curious if the Jewel does the same or maybe it was a one time thing on the Gem.

Great review, we will be on the Jewel in a few weeks and can't wait! We were on the Gem a couple of years ago and when we boarded, everyone was greeted with a glass of champagne. I'm just curious if the Jewel does the same or maybe it was a one time thing on the Gem.

I don't think any of them do that anymore :(

Thanks for sharing, just finished reading your review. I love the pictures.

We are going to our first family cruise and we have a 6 yr old son (it was his idea to go on the cruise).

How was the Main dinning room kids meal (can you remember what they serve?)

So you highly recommend booking the clamshell in GSC?

Thanks

Thanks so much! Aw he will love it! The 7 year olds had a blast!! Are you doing a Nickelodeon cruise?

All of the restaraunts pretty much offered the same kids food. Some menus had it on the menu but they also had a kids menu that they can also color around too. It had the usual kids fare- chicken fingers/nuggets, pizza, mac and cheese, quesidillas, peanut butter and(or not) jelly, mozz sticks, soup, I think some fish on there too. Of course fries, mashed potatoes, etc. I know I'm forgetting some things. :) Your guy will definitely find something he likes to eat at every meal. The Garden Buffet has a whole kids station set up and it is filled with the kids food and some veggies, fruit, milk, etc. It was great.

I am VERY fair skinned and have to have some kind of covering at the beach and I had a one year old too that I didn't want baking in the sun the whole time. The older kids we were with were in the water the whole time so it would have been no use for them. There were shady areas that you could set up at but they were nowhere near the water, like you couldn't sit there and let your 6 year old go in the water alone, if you get a chair by the water, you can. The clam shells were reserved and sold out by the second day, a whole day before we were even supposed to anchor at GSC! If you want one or might want one, I just suggest you do it early in the week, like when you get there. There were shady areas with picnic tables so you could get out of the sun if you need to, I just wanted to be covered most of my time there.

Hope that helps! Have a great cruise!!!

Archived