Drinking Water

MaggieCruzin'

The ship's water is fine to drink. Bring a couple of empty water bottles and you can refill them from the tap. Water is sold onboard, but you won't have to depend on that. Onshore is up to your degree of risk taking. Most of the tourist locations claim they use purified water and purified ice, but to me it's not worth the risk and I stick with bottled/canned products. But, then I'm not much of a drinker.

Ships produce their own distilled water and it is what comes out of the taps. Unless you like favored or carbonated water do like the earlier poster said and bring a couple of bottles with you and refill them from the tap.

Have a great next cruise.

We drink the water in the dining room with no problem at all, it tastes fine. We do bring a few bottle of water onboard for in-cabin use and will replenish it in port sometimes. They do sell bottled water onboard, it gets a bit pricey, though. If you are going to refill from the tap, do this at the buffet or get a pitcher of water from your cabin steward. I think the bathroom water is not as palatable. I would not drink any water or use ice in any drinks in Mexico.

Watch some comericals. Hep A can be picked up easily in the Carb. With the hurricans last year, it may be wiser not to drink local water or ice just canned or bottle that you open (ensures that seal was not broken).

We drank Margaritas around the pool at the El Cid Hotel in Mazatlan with no problem. If you get the margaritas from a nice hotel or restaurant you will be ok.

They even had 2 for 1 specials at certain times of the day.:D

As Ellya said - while onshore it is dependant on your own willingness to take risks. I always remember that those commercials are produced by the drug companies that would love to scare you into buying their products. I consumed more than my fair share of drinks with ice cubes in Mexico and Jamaica. A lot people slip in the shower and get seriously injured, but I've got to keep clean!

If I may add my 2 cents worth here. The drinking water in the Caribbean is among the purest and best water in the world.

Most of the impurities are taken out naturally by the limestone which most of the islands are made up of. The few that are left are then taken out by artificial means... the standard chlorine treatment.

No one needs fear drinking water in the Eastern/Western Caribbean. I however cannot speak for Mexico.

I have to ask.....

Six bottles a day?! Do you ever get breakouts? Does a double cheeseburger just naturally get flushed out of you? If so, for either, I`m joining your plan they took my ephedra and told me water is the key, tell me it is!

I have to ask.....

Six bottles a day?! Do you ever get breakouts? Does a double cheeseburger just naturally get flushed out of you? If so, for either, I`m joining your plan they took my ephedra and told me water is the key, tell me it is!

Haaahaaa. I got in the habit of drinking that much water about 15 years ago. I didn't drink sodas for 20 years. (just had a coke the other day...mmmmmmmmmm) I think walking and exercise might be better for you.;)

Archived